Scientist l, Discovery Chemistry
Join us in the most challenging and rewarding science of our lives.
We are seeking a talented and motivated medicinal chemist with a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry to join our team. At Nurix we are leveraging DNA Encoded Library technology to rapidly access chemical matter to modulate UPS targets. You will play a lead role on the front lines of hit identification in selecting and resynthesizing hits from our screening effort in preparation for downstream affinity and activity assays. Through publications and/or patents, you will have demonstrated expertise in synthetic organic chemistry and the analytical methods that support it. Familiarity with hit triage, hit to lead campaigns from other discovery platforms, and an understanding of molecular physicochemical properties that drive drug discovery are desired. Experience with DNA encoded library synthesis, parallel reaction chemistry, split/pool methods and aqueous chemistry is highly preferred.
As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, you will collaborate with a broad group of scientists within Nurix as well as with external collaborators. You should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and incorporate new methodologies into your work. You must be self-driven, resourceful, organized and focused, and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients.
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry with 0-4 years industrial chemistry experience.
- Expert in synthetic organic chemistry methods and analytical tools, in particular, LCMS.
- Familiarity with principles and practice of DNA encoded library technology.
- Desire to lead initiatives in platform building and technology development.
- High level of creativity and productivity with strong synthetic problem-solving skills.
- Solid track record of scientific accomplishment demonstrated by publications, patents, or presentations.
- Excellent communication skills and able to present the rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments in a matrix setting.
- Demonstrated competence with manipulating large data files and familiarity with the tools necessary to effectively organize, visualize and distill structure data to facilitate rapid decision making.
- Experience using software tools such as Spotfire, Vortex, Excel, J Chem, ChemDraw.