Scientist/Senior Scientist, Pharmacology
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a well-funded, privately held, preclinical stage biotechnology company that is engaged in the development of cutting-edge immunotherapies that have the potential to profoundly transform the treatment of cancer and other diseases and we are growing!
ABOUT ADICET BIO
Adicet is developing the next generation immunotherapies by generating a pipeline of allogeneic gamma delta T cell products engineering with CAR or TCR. In addition,
Adicet’s immune cell platform is complemented by its ability to identify and validate novel disease specific peptide-MHC targets and generates T cell receptor-like antibodies directed against these disease-specific peptide MHC complexes.
Adicet Bio was founded in late 2015 and closed a Series A financing of $51M in Jan 2016. This financing was led by OrbiMed and also included Novartis Venture Funds and Pontifax. In August 2016, Regeneron and Adicet Bio announced a strategic collaboration to discover and develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics, for which Adicet received a $25M upfront payment.
In September 2016, Adicet Bio was recognized and named by FierceBiotech to its “Fierce 15” Biotech Companies of 2016.
You will be responsible for the characterization of cellular and molecular aspects of the Adicet immune cell platform, including cell activation, function modulation and interaction with other immune cells, diseased cells and their microenvironment. You will be responsible for the development of immunological assays for screening of Adicet immunotherapy products, assist in the establishment and utilization of pre-clinical in vivo disease models. You will also participate in translational studies and biomarker discovery for Adicet clinical, and collaborate with the Adicet R&D team to select and progress immune cell-based products
We are currently seeking a highly motivated candidate with a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment to join our pharmacology team. As a cancer pharmacologist, you will be responsible to:
SCIENTIST/SENIOR SCIENTIST, PHARMACOLOGY – RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with several functional groups in the efforts to progress immune cell-based cancer therapy to the clinic.
- Design, conduct, and manage in vivo and ex vivo experiments to evaluate Adicet’s immune cell platform, such as in vivo anti-tumor efficacy, cell trafficking, distribution and persistence in animal models.
- Support biomarker discovery and translational studies for Adicet’s clinical candidates through in vivo modeling.
- Perform hands-on work when needed, including animal model handling, efficacy data collection (tumor measurement and imaging) and ex vivo analyses such as FACS analysis of blood and organ/tumor tissues.
- Manage and analyze experimental data, interpret results and prepare presentations for internal and external meetings, regulatory filings and publications.
- Maintain detailed documentation of procedures and data to comply with internal quality criteria.
- Provide scientific inputs and contribute intellectually to the organization success.
SCIENTIST/SENIOR SCIENTIST, PHARMACOLOGY – QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD (or equivalent degree) in Pharmacology, Biology, or related discipline.
- Previous hands-on experience in murine tumor models including xenograft and/or syngeneic models is required. Experience with immuno-oncology models is ideal but not required.
- Must demonstrate experience in establishing, executing and interpreting in vivo experiments in oncology research and technical excellence in murine tumor models, preferably in an industry setting.
- Experience in ensuring quality studies and accurate analysis of in vivo data is required.
- Previous hands-on experience in multi-color flow cytometry and independently analyzing the data using analytical software such as FlowJo is required.
- Previous hands-on experience in in vivo bioluminescence and/or fluorescence imaging workflow and data analysis is required.
- Experience in working knowledge of immunohistochemistry and data interpretation is a plus.
- Demonstrate scientific creativity, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills, with a strong track record of research productivity as evidenced by high-quality publications.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently under minimal supervision in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.