Software & DevOps Engineer
Black Diamond Therapeutics Inc is a leading venture-backed biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of precision medicines for cancer that are directed against a novel class of allosteric mutant oncogenes.
Black Diamond Therapeutics is seeking to build upon its novel platform to mine for allosteric oncogenes through the use of advanced genomics-proteomics analytics and data sciences. We are hiring a Software & DevOps Engineer to drive commercial grade agile software development of cloud based data science solutions for the acceleration of cancer drug discovery.
The successful candidate will demonstrate extensive experience in software engineering, programming, cloud based software architecture of Big Data solutions, and User Interface (UI) implementation. The novel solutions development requires backend and frontend programming in Python, Node.js and AngularJS, with the utilization of Amazon Web Services (AWS) databases and cloud computing. The Software & DevOps Engineer will have hands-on experience with memory optimization, AWS cost optimization, launch and advance end-user support of commercial grade platforms, data science software engineering, including the development of real-time high-throughput queries and advance visualization techniques.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science/Engineering, or related field.
- 5 years of industry experience in commercial grade software development.
- Programming skills in Python, AngularJS, Node.js., Java.
- Backend & Frontend software development.
- 2 years of AWS DevOps experience.
- Agile software development (SCRUM / Kanban).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Commercial grade software development in one of the following industries:
- Health / Life Science / Biotech / Pharmaceutical.
- Computer Gaming.
- Cyber Security.
- Operating Systems.
- Software development on Machine Learning platforms such as AWS TensorFlow and MXNet.
- AWS solutions implementation of NoSQL, MongoDB, RedShift, SPARK, EMR, EC2, GPU
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.