Bioinformatics Engineer & Data Scientist
Black Diamond Therapeutics Inc is a leading venture-backed biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of precision medicines for cancer that are directed against a novel class of allosteric mutant oncogenes.
Black Diamond Therapeutics is seeking to build upon its novel platform to mine for allosteric oncogenes through the use of advanced genomics-proteomics analytics and data sciences. We are hiring a Bioinformatics Engineer & Data Scientist to drive algorithms development, data integration, machine learning and novel cloud based data science solutions to accelerate drug discovery and in-silico validation of tailored therapeutics and biomarkers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate deep understanding of genomics & proteomics based oncology drug discovery with advanced statistics and algorithm development skills. The novel solutions development requires extensive experience in Python programming with the utilization of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing. The Bioinformatics Engineer & Data Scientist will have hands-on experience with public and commercial genomics-proteomics databased and analytics platforms, including familiarity with real-time high-throughput queries and advance visualization techniques.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology / Statistical Genetics, or related field.
- 3 years of industry experience in oncology drug discovery and genomics data analysis.
- Python scripting and algorithms development.
- AWS based data mining and implementation.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong peer-reviewed publication record in oncology bioinformatics and data science.
- Pathways analysis and Mechanism of Action (MOA) analysis.
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis.
- Machine Learning methodologies and AWS ML execution (TensorFlow, MXNet).