Application Scientist, Senior
Inspiring advances in bioprocessing, Repligen is a leader in bioprocess filtration, pre-packed chromatography and Protein A ligands development. Propelled by a culture of innovation and collaboration, and with a focus on cost and process efficiencies, our people and our technologies help meet critical bioproduction demands worldwide. Named one of the fastest growing biotech companies in the USA, Repligen is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts with major manufacturing sites in Massachusetts, California, Sweden, and Germany.
Repligen offers the broadest range of hollow fiber and flat sheet filtration technologies for cell culture and purification, featuring XCell® ATF Systems, Spectrum® KrosFlo TFF Filters and Systems and TangenX® Flat Sheet TFF Cassettes. As the expert in pre-packed chromatography technology, Repligen offers OPUS® Pre-packed Columns with unparalleled flexibility and scalability from bench- to production-scale. Since 1985, Protein A affinity ligands manufactured by Repligen have been routinely used to purify most of the world’s monoclonal antibodies.
We are seeking a Senior Application Scientist within the research and development group focusing on downstream technologies. This job is located in Waltham, MA.
- Planning and generation of applications data and protocols to support current products and new product development within the field of downstream processing of biologics, namely chromatography
- Perform technology evaluations
- Provide product demonstrations/ evaluations within customer labs
- Work on joint technology projects with the R&D groups of partner companies and customers
- Develop technical aspects of product seminar presentations
- Present technical information to peers, technology partners and customers
- Actively review and report on relevant technology publications
- Degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline (Biology, Biochemistry, ChemEng, BichemEng, BiomedEng)
- PhD – 2+ years industry experience
- BS/MS -6+ years
- Expertise in protein purification with in-depth knowledge of chromatographic separation matrices and equipment
- A clear understanding of techniques such as: Affinity and IEX chromatography, AKTA FPLC, HPLC, ELISA, IEF and gel electrophoresis, membrane based separations/ TFF
- Previous experience with statistical Design of Experiment (DoE) methodologies and software
- Familiarity with GMP, GLP and ISO 9000/2001 quality systems is a plus
- Exceptional in independent analytical assessment, problem solving and decision making
- Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong organizational skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer