Senior Scientist, Bioprocess
Inspiring advances in bioprocessing, Repligen is a leader in bioprocess filtration, pre-packed chromatography and Protein A ligands development. Propelled by a culture of innovation and collaboration, and with a focus on cost and process efficiencies, our people and our technologies help meet critical bioproduction demands worldwide. Named one of the fastest growing biotech companies in the USA, Repligen is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts with major manufacturing sites in Massachusetts, California, Sweden, and Germany.
Repligen offers the broadest range of hollow fiber and flat sheet filtration technologies for cell culture and purification, featuring XCell® ATF Systems, Spectrum® KrosFlo TFF Filters and Systems and TangenX® Flat Sheet TFF Cassettes. As the expert in pre-packed chromatography technology, Repligen offers OPUS® Pre-packed Columns with unparalleled flexibility and scalability from bench- to production-scale. Since 1985, Protein A affinity ligands manufactured by Repligen have been routinely used to purify most of the world’s monoclonal antibodies.
We are seeking a Senior BioProcess Scientist within the Research and Development group. The BioProcess Scientist will focus on the optimization and integration of downstream unit operations – mainly purification, clarification and UF/DF. This job is located in Waltham, MA.
- Developing experimental strategy to understand the relationship between technology design parameters, operational parameters and performance. Execution of the experiments and distilling the learnings from the data to recommendations.
- Perform technology evaluations. Make recommendations to senior management.
- Conduct process economics analysis to understand the benefits of new technologies.
- Publish papers and present in scientific conferences.
- Provide product demonstrations/ evaluations to biotech MSAT teams.
- Work on collaborative technology projects with strategic partners.
- Develop technical aspects of product seminar presentations.
- Present technical information to peers, technology partners and customers
- Actively review and report on technology publications and patents.
- Degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline (Biology, Biochemistry, ChemEng, BichemEng, BiomedEng)
- PhD – 5+ years industry experience
- BS/MS -10+ years
- Expertise in protein purification with in-depth knowledge of chromatographic separation matrices and equipment
- A clear understanding of techniques such as: Affinity and IEX chromatography, AKTA FPLC, HPLC, ELISA, IEF and gel electrophoresis, membrane based separations/ TFF
- Previous experience with statistical Design of Experiment (DoE) methodologies and software
- Familiarity with GMP, GLP and ISO 9000/2001 quality systems is a plus
- Exceptional in independent analytical assessment, problem solving and decision making
- Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong organizational skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.