Supervisor, Transgenic Colony Management
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Transgenic Technology team is looking for a Supervisor. This person will supervise a team of Animal Research Associates to carry out the daily operations within the transgenic colony. Additionally, they will Co-ordinate with managers and other supervisors to fulfill cohort requirements and ensure data is entered accurately and timely in the Velocigene database.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs and leads a team for all basic tasks necessary for the processing of genetically altered mice, such as animal identification by marking, breeding, weaning, and collection of tissue samples for DNA or RNA analysis .
- Observes mice for obvious phenotype and performs a natural history analysis when requested.
- Records and mines essential data in the VelociGene Data Management System(VGDMS). Masters the utilization and navigation of the VGDMS and ensures accurate data entry of supervisees.
- Possesses sound colony management skills, while responsible for some colony management and cohort production.
- Co-ordinate with peers to carry out the process of cohort generation and delivery.
- Responsible for leading a small team with daily responsibilities and data entry.
- Performs additional responsibilities related to the packing and shipping of mice, as well as some basic vivarium tasks such as ordering supplies, and general maintenance when needed.
This position requires a minimum of AA degree with some biology course work, and three years experience with genetically modified mice and/or a minimum of five years with other laboratory animals. Additionally, the role requires ALAT Licenses & Certification.
Previous work with the handling of laboratory rodents and specifically mice is preferred.
The execution of above tasks will be guided by the Velocigene Data Management System and by instruction from the Colony Manager.
Experience and competency with Microsoft Office.
Good communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to work within a team and to lead a small group of individuals.
Level will be commensurate with experience.
This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 12839BR