The Compliance Manager possesses working knowledge of AbbVie's business, the current compliance environment, and the broader business impact of compliance issues and provides direct oversight for basic elements of AbbVie's compliance program at the therapeutic area level.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Compliance Manager may perform the following with moderate supervision from the Compliance Director and/or Sr. Compliance Manager:
· -Serves as an active member of at least one business brand team.
· -Partners with all levels of key business functions to provide routine Office of Ethics and Compliance (OEC) and functional policy interpretation and guidance on compliance requirements.
· -Conducts compliance risk assessments, trend analyses and provides solutions and recommendations for compliant business activities.
· -Provides guidance on proposed business strategies and programs, identifies legal and regulatory issues, analyzes alternatives and works with other functions, as appropriate, to propose compliant business solutions
· -Participates in cross-functional OEC programs and collaborates regularly with OEC colleagues to resolve issues and share learnings.
Key Leadership Competencies:
· -Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functional partners outside of the team to enable higher performance
· -Learns fast, grasps the “essence” of issues and can change course quickly where indicated
· -Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- BA/BS required, JD, PharmD, MD, DO, RN and/or MBA encouraged·
- Experience within pharmaceutical industry. Minimum of 4 years' experience required with exposure to business functions such as compliance, legal, regulatory affairs, medical affairs and/or commercial.