Pharmacology Research Associate I/II
Seeking a Pharmacology Research Associate for an emerging Gene Therapy Biotech company!
With competent skills in laboratory animal science, work closely with the members of Preclinical Development to evaluate therapeutic candidates in animal models. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience executing Preclinical in vivo studies. The candidate must demonstrate proficiency in all commonly utilized rodent biomethods. Working knowledge of laboratory animal health and welfare, as well as an understanding of Preclinical drug development processes, are essential.
- Motivated self-starter that functions efficiently when working both independently, and in a small group setting.
- Experience with animal model development, preferably ocular disease models
- Perform administrations via IP, IM, SC, IV, intravitreal and subretinal routes
- Perform blood collection via submandibular, retro-orbital, and cardiocentesis routes
- Perform necropsy and tissue collection for Non-GLP preclinical studies
- Experience establishing, and maintaining, study sample inventories in a cross-functional team setting
- Experience establishing, and maintaining, a laboratory supply inventory system; setting up vendor accounts, placing and receiving orders, tracking usage and anticipating supply needs
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible to shifting priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and GraphPad Prism
- Above average organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with planning and executing Preclinical in vivo studies. Ability to assist with the write-up of study protocols and reports
- Understanding of program timelines, with emphasis on specific deliverables
- Working knowledge of Gene Therapy, specifically AAV Vectors
- Experience with ocular disease models; performing regular ocular examinations and imaging utilizing slit lamp, fundus microscope, optical coherence tomography (OCT), and electroretinography (ERG) ophthalmic equipment.
- Experience conducting tissue isolation, fixation, preparation of tissue sections, tissue staining including immunohistochemistry and ELISA-based assay
- BS/MS level candidates Only
- Must have 2-5 years Industry and IV/IP Dosing Experience