Director, Investor Relations & Communications
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications will lead all investor relations and corporate communications activities for Rigel Pharmaceuticals, including working with the senior leadership team and functional heads to define the investor and corporate communications strategy as well as operationalizing that strategy. This individual’s primary charter will be to enhance the company’s investor relation strategies through a proactive approach to expand and optimize our investor base and elevate the company’s profile with the appropriate external and internal stakeholders. This person will work collaboratively with functional heads across the company to execute investor relations activities and provide analysis and market intelligence. Additionally, in this dual role, the Director will develop compelling executive communications content such as blogs, bylined articles, scripts and presentations that drive external awareness for Rigel among key audiences.
The role requires an independent and motivated self-starter with solid understanding of investor relations and corporate communications, as well as excellent writing skills and content development. Additionally, the position operates at the highest levels and therefore requires the requisite business skills needed to be credible, reliable and flexible with our executive team. An understanding of company strategy, operations, clinical development, business development and financial performance is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and drive investor relations strategies and tactics. Manage reporting and analysis activities for the financial audiences, including investor presentations, Rigel website, management scripts and Q&A for conference calls, as well as materials for Board of Directors, and other investment and disclosure-related documents
- Work with internal departments to partner with external firms (IR, PR, Advocacy) to design and implement media relations plans, outreach and engagement of KOLs and select advocacy groups. Develop messaging and coach senior leaders for media interviews
- Lead Corporate Communications to ensure overall planning, process, and execution of external communications are timely, accurate, integrated and effective
- Partner with leadership team and other internal functions to manage communications for ad hoc issues. Develop internal messaging and ensure that workplace communication among internal stakeholders is consistent with external messaging where appropriate
- Develop communications content tailored to the specific medium and audience requirements (e.g., scripts and talking points, blogs, bylined articles, employee communication, preparation materials, etc.
- Support a culture of compliance with IR function and across the company, in partnership with Legal, Regulatory, Finance and Human Resources
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires relevant Investor Relations experience with 10+ years of investor relations and/or corporate communications experience partnering with executives within a corporate communications function or as a financial analyst covering the biopharmaceutical industry
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field, MBA preferred
- Substantial financial public relations/investment analysis experience, coupled with an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of healthcare industries, as demonstrated by time spent within a complex and regulated environment
- Ability to creatively and effectively communicate the company’s story and message to raise awareness for the company to key stakeholders while building trust and safeguarding information and reputation
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating and building relationships with financial analysts/portfolio managers
- Strong track record of producing high-quality written content and presentations for senior level executives. All applicants will be required submit a portfolio of various written content
- Ability to understand, integrate, and communicate complex scientific and clinical information; knowledge of hematology and oncology field is a plus
Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals are encouraged to apply.