Development Scientist, Preclinical R&D
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
We are looking for a curious, independent Development Scientist or Manager who is driven by getting work done that helps improve lives. As a detail-oriented and effective writer, you are seek to understand the biological basis of therapeutics. This opportunity will allow you to work within a positive team environment and to use your interpersonal and organizational skills to set and achieve high standards for themselves. We are a privately-held, biotech, start-up company that is looking for the right person who wants an opportunity to grow alongside our company.
This position will be part of the Preclinical Research and Development (PR&D) organization and have multiple responsibilities for leading our therapeutics’ preclinical development activities.
This role is based in Ann Arbor, MI.
This is a full-time role.
- Manage operations of the PR&D group
- Coordinate preclinical/nonclinical development timelines to ensure PR&D activities are on track to meet development deliverables
- Contribute to monitoring activities at Contract Research Organizations (CRO’s); provide operational oversight and timeline management
- Write and review technical documents such as protocols and reports
- Manage many operational aspects of the PR&D group, including coordination with finance and project management to align timelines to implement drug development strategies
- Opportunity to manage bioanalytical activities at CRO’s in support of clinical and nonclinical development
- PhD/MS/BS depending on qualifications, preferably in the biological sciences (pharmacology, biochemistry, physiology, etc.)
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Experience managing CRO’s is highly desirable
- Experience in evaluating and interpreting biological data as well as effectively communicating such results to others
This position reports into the Senior Vice President, Preclinical Research & Development. It will work closely with colleagues in other parts of the company (CMC, clinical development, project management, and external CROs) to drive our development programs.
About Millendo: Our Purpose & Strategy
Millendo Therapeutics is focused on developing novel treatments for endocrine diseases. We want to combine either novel biology or novel MOAs to bring new transformative options to patients. Our entire pipeline consists of novel MOAs and we are developing two indications with no approved therapies.
What do we do?
As a smaller company, we can’t replicate every skill needed in the complex task of developing novel mechanism. The team at Millendo works within the biotech ecosystem to find talented partners and use their skills along with others to push our pipeline forward.
What do we value?
Developing novel therapies is hard work and the team at Millendo enjoys that challenge. In order to succeed in bringing medicines to the market, we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can leverage their experience, effort and insights. We appreciate innovative thinking, personal accountability and a genuine focus on developing solutions for patients. We value differences, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We respect individual differences, embrace diversity throughout the organization, and value the unique strengths of each employee. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.