Senior Scientist, Preclinical R&D
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced, independent Senior Scientist that is driven by getting work done that helps our patients. As someone who likes to manage the operational aspects of a role, you strive to understand the biological basis of therapeutics. This opportunity will allow you to work within a positive team environment and to use your interpersonal and organizational skills to set and achieve high standards for themselves. The right person for this role will be eager to learn, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done. We are a privately-held, biotech, start-up company that is looking for the right person who wants an opportunity to grow alongside our company.
This position will be part of the Preclinical Research and Development (PR&D) organization and have multiple responsibilities for managing our therapeutics’ preclinical development activities.
This role is based in Ann Arbor, MI.
This is a full-time role.
- Serve as a scientific leader in the PR&D group, providing drug development and operational support for project teams ranging from late discovery through clinical development and NDA submission
- Monitor activities at CRO’s; provide technical support, operational oversight, and troubleshooting
- Write and edit documents generated internally or at CROs, ensuring excellent communication of study results to internal, external, and regulatory audiences. Such reports could include toxicology, PK/PD, PK-ADME, bioanalytical, mechanism of action, or technical reports, as well as protocols, manuscripts, and regulatory documents in the context of project teams.
- Serve as functional area lead on one development program, representing PR&D on project teams
- Opportunity to manage bioanalytical activities at CRO’s in support of clinical and nonclinical development
- PhD preferred, preferably in the biological sciences (pharmacology, biochemistry, physiology, etc.)
- Five or more years biopharmaceutical industry experience in preclinical development is preferred
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory guidelines and cGLP
- Ability and interest to stay current with literature in one of our therapeutic areas of interest
- Experience managing CRO’s is highly desirable
- Training and experience in PK-ADME sciences is a plus
- Experience preparing preclinical or nonclinical sections of regulatory filings highly desirable
- Experience in evaluating and interpreting biological data as well as effectively communicating such results to others
- Experience working on teams that have filed INDs and NDAs is preferred
This position will report into the SVP, Preclinical R&D and It will work closely with colleagues in other parts of the company (CMC, clinical development, project management, and external CROs) to drive our development programs.
About Millendo Our Purpose & Strategy
Millendo Therapeutics is focused on developing novel treatments for endocrine diseases. We want to combine either novel biology or novel MOAs to bring new transformative options to patients. Our entire pipeline consists of novel MOAs and we are developing two indications with no approved therapies.
What do we do?
As a smaller company, we can’t replicate every skill needed in the complex task of developing novel mechanism. The team at Millendo works within the biotech ecosystem to find talented partners and use their skills along with others to push our pipeline forward.
What do we value?
Developing novel therapies is hard work and the team at Millendo enjoys that challenge. In order to succeed in bringing medicines to the market, we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can leverage their experience, effort and insights. We appreciate innovative thinking, personal accountability and a genuine focus on developing solutions for patients. We value differences, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We respect individual differences, embrace diversity throughout the organization, and value the unique strengths of each employee. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.