Executive Director, Trade, GPO & Contracting
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Executive Director, Trade, GPO and Contracting, will report directly to the Vice President Market Access, Commercial. This position is responsible for strategic leadership and developing, enhancing, and implementing Regeneron's business opportunities with all related alliance, channel, supply chain, and trade customers.
This position routinely interacts at the executive level across global commercial supply chain, manufacturing, quality, and US Commercial Operations. This role is responsible for directing and leading US Commercial Channel operations. This includes: supply planning, inventory management, product lifecycle management, pricing program implementation and channel vendor management.
S/he will analyze what is required to effectively penetrate all channels of customer segments supporting Brand and Market Access managed care strategies and provides the direction for appropriate tactics and materials. Responsibilities include making recommendations for pricing, promotion and other engagement to drive access across all channels, and acting on such if received from other Market Access peers.
Participates in the development of specific programs that meet the expectations and requirements of the GPO provider community. Identify and track key performance metrics for channel objectives and strategies. Together with Sales and Marketing, assist with launch strategies and tactics for maximum channel access with wholesalers, distributors, specialty and retail pharmacies along with IDNs and health systems. Work with marketing to create necessary materials, including pharmacy tool kits, marketing resources , and trade resources and presentations.
Key responsibilities include:
Drive cross functional alignment of demand and supply planning processes, requirements, and assumptions through regular meetings, and coordination across the Supply Chain, Marketing and Product Teams, Market Access peers, Sales, Finance Manufacturing, and Quality. Establish, and manage to, appropriate inventory targets considering demand and supply variability, cycle times, service levels, lifecycle management, and risk.
Develop and execute comprehensive strategies to mitigate the risk of disruptions throughout the supply chain, including assuring Regeneron ongoing adherence to all commercial distribution legal and regulatory requirements for all brands.
Responsible for oversight and execution at Distribution Centers (3PL –ICS and ex-US as appropriate) including supply chain, distribution, and manufacturing engagement.
• Responsible for developing long term, productive and strategic business relationships with key decision makers from major supply channel partners to include: 3PL, Specialty Distributors, Specialty Pharmacies, Wholesalers and Retailers, andAlliance partners.
• Complete oversight of all channel partner distribution and SP contracts.
o Provide recommendations, based on direct customer and market knowledge, for the development and implementation of product distribution programs and policies to meet Regeneron sales objectives and gain trade support.
• Acting approval for all Trade issues regarding product inventory, appropriate levels of stock, returns, recalls, trade product complaints, shelf stock adjustments, EDI and diversion monitoring.
• Designs and implements programs to ensure against the importation of ex-US product and the interchange of inappropriate alternative dosage formulations/ forms.
• Engaged with Regeneron Commercial Organization and Strategic Alliance Partners, of opportunities that exist in the trade areas including trends, changes, and new policy issues that could affect the product portfolio market positions.
• Ex-US supply chain channel modeling support, partner selection and program implementation.
o Border control supply monitoring including drug diversion monitoring and adherence.
o Provide oversite and engagement as required to Global distribution of antibodies.
• Cross-collaboration with Regeneron Regulatory, Finance and Manufacturing partners regarding distribution, process mapping, sampling programs, supply management of Regeneron antibodies.
• Liaison with Pricing and Regeneron's Government Reporting 3rd party vendor to implement and monitor any GPO or customer pricing programs; active oversight of contracting with suppliers; monitoring and oversight of chargeback processes/details, and reconciliation.
o Managing vendors
o SOP development
o Development and Management of Channel contracting programs including GPO pricing with distributors and any direct to physician discounting program offerings.
• Coordination with Pricing, IT and Operations on Class of Trade schema development and implementation with channel partners and internal teams.
• Build and manage a field Trade team to manage SDs, SPs, Retailer and IDN/Health system accounts in support of in network and non-network account management, RX pull-through, data arrangements, measuring time to fill and overall channel management by field teams.
• Responsible for attending and coordinating Regeneron activities at major national trade association meetings and conventions.
• Key point person for all Corporate alliance trade partnerships and strategic channel development and implementation.
o Liaison with Alliance partners to develop, implement and monitor distribution solutions.
o Key Regeneron point person for identifying potential key account partnerships including: Large provider practices, Group Purchasing Organizations, etc.
o Lead for all channel program implementation, monitoring, program effectiveness, reporting and access solutions
• Recruitment, management and development of Trade team personnel to include staff for returns, DQSA/VAWD, 3PL operations management, SP and distribution Account Management field team.
• Bachelors degree required
• Motivated, flexible, and creative leader; able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment.
• Strong executive presence and communication skills; able to interact with and influence individuals from all disciplines and levels of the organization
• Strong analytical capabilities, financial and business acumen; ability to build robust business cases and appropriately weigh cost / benefit tradeoffs
• Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbal and in writing in a persuasive and appropriate manner.
• Strategic Implementation – ability to implement and monitor the overall sales and Trade Relations strategies.
• Analytical Skills – ability to analyze a wide variety of data including sales and financial data to make business decisions.
• Resource Management – ability to manage internal and external resources effectively to enhance service delivery.
• Business Planning – ability to develop business forecasts and plans.
• Negotiation Skills – ability to explore and evaluate options to achieve beneficial outcomes for all parties involved.
• Forecasting Skills – ability to use current information and expected future trends to establish objectives and goals.
• Relationship Building Skills – ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with key Trade customers to build trust and increase Regeneron's competitive advantage and initiative for US and ex-US trade activities including developing distribution strategies for all antibody brands
• Minimum of 20 years' experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
• Minimum 15 years' experience with Specialty Pharmaceuticals/Biologics in marketplace
• 10+ years' experience trade relations
• Additional broad based experience valued: sales operations, corporate partnerships, marketing, and/or sales management, and/or supply chain
• Charge backs and contracting experience required
• GPO experience required – managing, contracting and implementation.
• Ex-US supply chain modeling preferred
• Previous experience in launching new Specialty Pharmaceutical/Biologics products or indications
o 25-50% Corporate office time
o 50%-75% field work, or home office
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 13476BR