Research Associate, Protein Biochemistry
Proneurotech, Inc. is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel neuroprotective drugs that prevent axon degeneration for the treatment of neurologic and ocular diseases.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate researcher to join our founding team. We are a small, rapidly growing company that offers the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of neurodegenerative research and participate in building a premier neurobiology company from the ground floor.
Ideal candidates will bring intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor, and a desire to innovate new medicines for patients.
- Generate high quality recombinant proteins for downstream experiments
- Participate in the development and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties and implement solutions
- Contribute to the design of new protocols and experiments
- Work under the guidance and mentorship of Scientists to execute key experiments
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Keep up to date with scientific literature relating to neurodegeneration
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously within a functional area
- Effectively collaborate and communicate across a diverse scientific team to successfully progress scientific goals
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field with 2+ years of hands on research experience in protein biochemistry in an industrial or academic setting
- The ability to design and construct protein expression plasmids and experience with software like Vector NTI, Snapgene and Geneious
- Extensive training in recombinant protein production – proficient with mammalian and E coli expression systems
- Hands-on experience with multi-step purifications including refolding insoluble proteins and various chromatography techniques
- Skilled at routine protein biochemistry techniques including but not limited to SDS-PAGE, protein quantification, analytical HPLC and western-blotting
- Proficiency with the use of AKTA FPLCs and Unicorn software
- Experience designing and implementing biochemical assays - familiarity with enzyme kinetics and mechanism
- Ability to independently analyze and interpret data (e.g., GraphPad Prism, Origin, R, etc.)
- Prior experience with X-ray crystallography is desirable
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to resolve routine issues using appropriate information
- The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, communicate clearly, work within departmental groups, and to build open and collaborative relationships is essential
For immediate consideration please submit your CV through our careers site at: http://proneurotech.com/
Proneurotech, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.