Incumbent is a member of the R&D Microbiology team to conduct antimicrobial testing, method development and scientific research in support of the PDI’s growth strategies in Food Safety and Healthcare.
The position is a key component in scientific advancement in surface disinfection. Primarily, the role supports new market launches with input across all facets of project progression including scientific insights, prototype assessment and registration testing to meet regulatory requirements. In addition, developing equity building studies that enhance PDI’s current portfolio to provide a competitive edge in a challenging marketplace.
Be an agent of change by creating new methods and cultivating complex scientific research into understandable language for the non-technical.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
a. Partner with Industry and/or Academia to propose new scientific and behavioral research.
b. Represent PDI in industry groups and technical committee meetings.
c. Author white papers, scientific conference posters and peer reviewed journals.
d. Perform antimicrobial testing according to regulatory (EPA, Health Canada) requirements.
e. Manage external studies.
f. Actively seek new partnerships in both technologies and testing support.
g. Develop novel methodologies in support of new product territories/claims.
h. Leads own projects and scientific endeavors.
i. Maintain a pulse on Industry direction with respect to new claims
j. Supervise a Junior Microbiologist inclusive of day to day support and ongoing performance reviews.
• University Degree in a Biological Science required
• Ph.D. strongly preferred
• Food safety background strongly preferred
• Rich Microbiology understanding.
• Demonstrate understanding of Good Laboratory Practices.
• Strategic thinking in a competitive landscape.
• 5+ years of R&D working experience (academic or industry)
• Previous peer reviewed research in either food safety or disinfection preferred.
• Previous experience of wipes advantageous.
• Previous experience within the Healthcare or Food Service industry advantageous.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal / written). Ability to explain science to management.
• Prudent risk taker. Identifies opportunities and takes risks to achieve objectives.
• Ability to develop new test methods.
• Able to work on multiple projects of varying complexity.
• Able to influence cross-functional partners to gain support and alignment to ideas.
• Computer literate.
NONE: About 50% Lab and 50% office environment
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products.