Senior Manager, Security Technology
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Provides management of the Security Technology department in Information Security. Oversees and orchestrates the plan, definition, and design of Regeneron's infrastructure, information systems and cybersecurity capabilities. Align business requirements and security technologies to protect the applications, systems, networks, and infrastructure from cyber threats, malware, and data loss. Define and conduct reviews on configurations for security products deployed on the network and computer endpoints. Participate on architecture review boards to drive adoption of security controls as part of IT, cloud, and digital projects. Collaborates with the information security engineers and operations support teams to provide guidelines and impart knowledge on information and cybersecurity technologies. Oversee and inspect the deliverables produced by the Security Technology team.
• Oversee the information security roadmaps for security capabilities.
• Manage the department architects and engineers in their day-to-day tasks, assign goals, set schedules, provide direction and guidance, inspects for quality.
• Develop business requirements, technical requirements, architecture diagrams, implementation guidance, and project management for security technology deployments
• Supports infrastructure and information security projects as senior Information Security subject matter expert.
• Partner with infrastructure and operations teams to test and modify configurations of security technologies
• Participate on architecture review boards to integrate security requirements as part of the IT project management lifecycle
Knowledge and Experience
• 8+ years in information security architecture, or 8+ years in IT with 4+ years in information security architecture and security engineering management role
• Experience in security architecture design, network segmentation, firewall rulesets, network edge access control lists, and traffic filtering
• Fluent in core IT and networking topics, and current with cutting edge network security, SIEM, logging, and monitoring technologies
• Experience with endpoint threat detection and response capabilities
• Ability to evaluate and recommend product selections and make configuration decisions to maximize product selection security value in the environment, while minimizing end-user impact
• Experience working with security industry leading technologies in protecting the perimeter, securing cloud technologies, filtering malicious content, hunting advanced threats, and protecting users and their endpoint from malicious activity
• Demonstrated leadership in all aspects of information security
• Strong leadership skills and qualities which enable candidate to network, lead within the organization and influence
• A track record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across many functions
• Collaborate with other members of the technical architecture community to ensure successful implementation of security strategies and architectures to enterprise applications
• Work closely with other information security functions to ensure that there is coordination with their activities and technology choices
• Ability to innovate in approaches to securing the network and endpoint, through innovative technologies, and innovations in process / configuration
• Expertise in basics of IT, including ports, protocols, and services
• Experience with technologies in most the following: Firewalls, IDS, IPS, proxy, cloud access and encryption, DMZ architecture, SIEM, logging, anti-virus/anti-malware, endpoint detection and response, host-based firewall, application whitelisting, file integrity monitoring, and data loss prevention.
• Experience in project management and delivering against IT implementation milestones
• CISSP, CISM, CHE or equivalent, relevant certification from a recognized body (e.g., SANS, ISC2, ISACA). If absent, certification must be attained no later than after 1 year of start date.
• Advanced degree in systems engineering, computer engineering or equivalent technical degree field
• Strong leadership of technology team delivering scalable solutions
• Experience in a GxP or another regulated environment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 12891BR