Senior Medical Science Liaison (SrMSL)
Samumed is a pharmaceutical platform company based in San Diego, California, focused on advancing regenerative medicine and oncology applications through research and innovation (www.samumed.com). Samumed has discovered new targets and biological processes in the Wnt pathway, allowing the company to develop small molecule drugs that have the potential to address numerous degenerative conditions as well as many forms of cancer. Samumed is currently conducting clinical trials for multiple disease areas, including oncology, osteoarthritis, androgenetic alopecia, tendinopathy, degenerative disc disease, and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and it has a broad pipeline targeting areas of significant unmet medical need.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Samumed, LLC is looking for an experienced and talented SrMSL to join its Medical Affairs Team. The SrMSL will be responsible for developing professional relationships with thought leaders, clinical investigators, and academic centers through provision of scientific information and disease state education related to Samumed products. Strong therapeutic expertise and experience, especially in immunology, dermatology, and/or orthopedics is desirable. The SrMSL will be focused on late phase products as the Samumed portfolio develops. Regionally-based and reporting to a regional Director MSL, the SrMSL will also support Home Office projects and teams. For this position, the supported territory will include the western U.S., with a home base preferentially located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland, Seattle, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles.
- Peer to peer relationships: Identify and develop relationships with thought leaders, investigators, and health care professionals to expand scientific, advisory and educational partnerships. Travel as necessary to achieve Medical Affairs objectives (estimated 60% travel)
- Scientific Communication: Provide product and disease area expertise to address complex questions from internal and external customers. Assist with development of scientific materials and tools as necessary.
- Scientific exchange: Represent Samumed at regional/national congresses, meetings, and advisory boards, communicate product science. Deliverables include summaries of disease state knowledge, key insights, and meeting interactions.
- Regional territory strategy and management: Under the direction of the Director MSL, develop regional strategy and identify unmet needs, especially with late phase products.
- Support internal stakeholders: Support the internal Medical Affairs Team with data presentation development and other teams’ (Clinical Development, HEOR, Commercial) projects.
- Insight collection: Collect scientific insights and observations from external stakeholders and critically analyze their relevance to medical and business objectives.
- Pharm D, PhD or MD Degree
- 2-3 years MSL experience in a relevant specialty within the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements for field based personnel
- Knowledge and experience of working with regional thought leaders
- Strong, demonstrable comprehension and analytical skills with complex clinical data along with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and succinctly to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communications skills and high attention to detail, both written and verbal. Compelling and engaging presentation ability. Proficiency in MS Office software
- Previous project management experience, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Extensive experience of working in cross matrix, cross functional teams
- Ability to travel regionally (regularly) and nationally
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME