Sr. Research Associate, Preclinical Pharmacology
Maverick Therapeutics is pioneering the next generation of redirected T cell therapeutics in oncology. The current opening offers an opportunity to propel research programs utilizing our novel immunotherapeutic platform toward early stage clinical investigation in a fast-paced and highly innovative company.
Maverick Therapeutics is seeking a motivated tumor biologist to discover and develop novel therapeutics that mobilize the immune system against cancer while protecting healthy tissue. This role will work directly with project leaders and will be responsible for critical-path studies from early discovery to IND submission. We are looking for exceptional candidates to join our multidisciplinary team in an exciting and dynamic R&D environment.
- Support immunohistochemistry studies to characterize therapeutic binding in vitro and in vivo.
- Biological assays to characterize therapeutic effects on primary tissues such as tumor and immune cell infiltrates.
- Characterization of therapeutic candidates in vitro, including target antigen expression, T cell immunophenotyping, T cell dependent cytotoxicity and cytokine release assays.
- Participate in the analysis of preclinical in vivo pharmacology studies including efficacy, pharmacokinetic and biomarker studies, as well as toxicology studies.
- Participate in translational research studies focusing on patient stratification, biomarker identification, disease indication, and dual targeting strategies.
- Contribute to the writing of relevant research reports to be included in regulatory filings.
- Communicate scientific progress to team and leadership.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and keep in compliance with Maverick Therapeutics policies.
- Prioritize group’s efforts to align with and meet or exceed company goals and timelines.
- B.S./M.S. in cell biology, immunology, pharmacology, or related field with 5+ years of relevant working experience in oncology/immune-oncology drug discovery or translational medicine.
- The ideal candidate will have biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience with a focus in immunology, immuno-oncology or oncology.
- Experience with immunohistochemistry and fluorescence microscopy is required.
- Experience in primary cell and tissue characterization is required.
- Experience in culture of human tumor cell lines, isolation and culture of immune cells cells, specifically T-cells.
- Experience running preclinical in vitro assays including flow cytometry, western blots, ELISAs, qPCR, T cell dependent cytotoxicity.
- History of success as a member of cross-functional drug discovery teams is required.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to participate in a cross-functional, highly collaborative work environment is critical and to work independently is expected.