Market Access, Reimbursement & Distribution Lead
MARKET ACCESS, REIMBURSEMENT & DISTRIBUTION LEAD
Global Blood Therapeutics is seeking a seasoned leader to oversee our U.S. Market Access, Reimbursement & Distribution functions. The Market Access, Reimbursement & Distribution Lead will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer. This exciting role provides the opportunity to build and oversee a best in class teams to ensure access, reimbursement and distribution of exciting products for rare and orphan disease.
Strategically, the Market Access, Reimbursement & Distribution Lead will leverage GBT’s portfolio and his/her professional network to lead the development of all strategies related to making our products available to the patients that need them. This individual will be responsible for developing and overseeing payer strategies, pricing recommendations, contracting process and strategies, specialty pharmacy and wholesaler plans, and field account teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire and onboard an industry leading team of access, reimbursement and distribution professionals
- Develop a cross functionally aligned access and reimbursement strategy for the launch of GBT’s first product into the rare disease space
- Lead pricing and contracting strategy development across multiple internal functions
- Lead the strategic development of the economic value proposition across Commercial, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, and other key stakeholders. Deploy value propositions to support favorable positioning, pricing and reimbursement with key customers
- Design and lead payer account management and reimbursement-support operations
- Establish integrated pricing and contracting operations to support product reimbursement within the public and private sectors; while partnering with key stakeholders like finance and legal to ensure proper reporting obligations are met
- Establish and execute strategies to support successful approval and commercialization
- Partner with Medical Affairs to establish appropriate health outcomes strategies and tactics
- Build and lead relationships with payers and stakeholder groups, industry trade associations, and patient and provider advocacy organizations to align interests and represent corporate positions around access
- Develop distribution strategy including hiring a team to execute that strategy throughout all levels of the distribution channel
- Manage strategic advisors in support of the operations, including vendor contracts, reporting requirements, and budgets
- Define the metrics and ensure internal reporting of our access and reimbursement performance
The successful candidate will have extensive product launch experience in the access and reimbursement function. A strong working knowledge of/experience with state Medicaid systems, leaders and policies is strongly desired. Rare and orphan product launch experience is desired. While this role is focused on the U.S. launch having broader global experience is a plus.
- 15+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience
- Significant payer access, reimbursement & distribution strategy experience
- A track record of building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and Commercial & Medicaid payers
- Has a keen sense of the policies, regulations and compliance areas that surround this function and will seek to keep the company and our customers safely within them
- Significant specialty oral product launch experience
- Account management, pricing and contracting experience
- Strategic thinker experienced in working with commercial and financially oriented issues
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and the ability to achieve results
- Must have experience hiring and developing successful teams
- Must have superior written and verbal communication skills
- Trade and distribution experience
- Bachelors’ degree required and an advanced degree (e.g. MBA, RPh., PharmD) preferred
- Able to travel 35-40%
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.