Director, Clinical Contracts and Finance
This is a senior leader level role and the position will require an ability to perform leadership and management duties of a talented team of 30+ individuals, based in the United States, United Kingdom, Japan and Taiwan in order to proactively maximize value, efficiency and innovation across Gilead in the areas of:
(1) Study start-up: clinical site contracts phase I-III
(2) Clinical Pricing: phases I-IV budget development
(3) Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) & Collaborative contracting.
Ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in managing and developing multiple direct reports in a large high performing team, including people managers, in order to maximize their capability and further their development while maximizing their contribution towards operational delivery. The candidate will also have a track record of working collaboratively within a matrix environment with other cross functional groups to proactively foster and ensure continuous improvement and operational excellence.
Clinical Contract & Finance's (CCF) primary function is to develop effective contractual agreements, forecast & actively manage financial obligations, and cultivate operationally excellent vendor relationships to advance Clinical Development activities Phase I-IV, including the functional areas of Clinical Operations, Biometrics, Regulatory, Pharmacology, Project Management Operations, Pharmacovigilance and Epidemiology.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
• Leads the Clinical Contracts & Finance global functional areas of study start-up, clinical contracting, clinical pricing and ISR & Collaborative contracting, including a talented global team of 30+ individuals in support of CCF department head for Clinical Operations and ancillary Clinical Development groups
• Proven ability to effectively manage & develop people managers and high performing teams is required
• Provides leadership and study start-up expertise for the successful support of management of international clinical trials (Phase I-IV) across multiple indications
• Ability to initiate and lead departmental or cross functional strategic initiatives
• Proactively drive organizational strategy development & substantive process improvement
• Lead implementation of organizational change management and lifecycle management of the CCF functional areas to deliver continuous improvement to stakeholders
• Responsible for oversight and contribution to strategic direction for CCF functional areas and implementation of initiatives across a number of projects to ensure clinical programs are consistently conducted, in accordance with CCF functional best practices, to meet project milestones and budgets through close partnership with internal/external parties (i.e. Legal, Finance, Clinical Operations, Business Conduct, etc.), while balancing Gilead's both short and long term interests
• Demonstrated excellence in complex project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities is required
• Proven ability to effectively communicate functional and organizational concepts to internal and external stakeholders
• Initiates continuous improvement efforts in reviewing and identifying best work practices among CCF functional areas and proactively collaborate with other CCF functions while enforcing standardization and implementation of best practices among internal/external teams
• Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently to determine appropriate resources for resolution of complex problems
• Contributes to global harmonization and cooperation of the CCF group across sites
• Collaborate in the management of requisite vendor relationships and may work with Clinical Operations to resolve vendor performance issues related to functional area
• Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Requires extensive prior experience in personnel management and development
• Travel may be required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• 12+ years of experience with a BA/BS in a relevant discipline
• 10+ years of experience with a MS/MBA/JD in a relevant discipline
• MBA preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformement à la Loi « Informatique et Libertes » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les donnees personnelles renseignees pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des donnees vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: mailto:FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com
For full application instructions and position description,