The Procurement Manager is responsible for all activities related to ongoing supplier management and the procurement of services, materials, and supplies. Individual tasks include negotiations, control costs, insuring continuous and efficient processing. The Purchasing Manager will maintain and update policies and procedures to ensure that procurement activities are in accordance with Corporate Internal Controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of the daily operations of the Procurement function and serve as the hands-on leader that understands and performs the daily tactical and strategic functions
- Manage and improve the Procure to Pay process ensuring executed documentation, data entry, submission, order expediting, change orders, receiving and reconciliation of related issues.
- Develop purchasing strategy and plans in close coordination with internal customers within the Research, and Operations business units
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs without compromising supply assurance or quality
- Follows and complies with the Procure to Pay Narrative and SOX processes set forth by GBT
- Manages reconciliation of accounts payable and receiving discrepancies
- Provide training and day-to-day support on procurement systems, policy and processes for business unit and/or corporate staff involved in purchasing activities
- Oversee and be the primary liaison with GBT’s Travel Management Company
- Complies with company health and safety policies and procedures
- Other special project as assigned
- BS/BA degree in related discipline
- Requires at least 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Biotech/Clinical Procurement experience, a plus
- May require certification in assigned area i.e.: Dangerous Goods Shipping, Import and Export Documentation
- Performs a variety of complicated or multi-layered tasks
- Outstanding organization and detailed oriented skills
- Applies strong analytical and business communication skills
- Zycus or e-procurement system skills, a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.