Mgr/Sr. Mgr of Strategic Sourcing
Develop, implement, and sustain strategic sourcing, supplier performance and relationships. Provide sound business partnerships and influence outsourcing and sourcing strategies across organization.
Be part of the Theravance Strategic Sourcing team, manage a wide range of sourcing activities, including stakeholder and supplier engagement, spend data mining and analytics, contract review and negotiation, sourcing plan development and execution, cost savings tracking and reporting.
This role will also support management in executing the Procurement roadmap and key category strategies; while proactively identify procure-to-pay process improvement opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the outsourcing and supplier performance strategy development and implementation
- Drive key supplier performance by building strong relationships, developing joint goals, facilitating effective feedback/communication mechanism, and leading performance recovery plan
- Create and refine a Contract Research Organization performance management program, and a key supplier program.
- Deliver cost savings and cost avoidance by introducing business acumen, strategic sourcing approach, and good contracting and finance practice to the organization.
- Manage the assessment and selection of the appropriate supplier models (full service, preferred supplier, second-source) based on business needs and market dynamics.
- Manage and steward outside services spend and savings portfolio. Provide finance contract review for all contracts and change orders.
- Partner with Quality, Regulatory, and R&D functions to conduct site evaluations, supplier selection, risk mitigation, quarterly business reviews and strategy development.
- Provide sourcing project support including management of Request for Information, Request For Proposal, and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- 5-7 years in Biotech/pharmaceutical industry leading cross-functional strategic sourcing projects
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotechnology drug development
- A BS degree in Science, plus MBA would be preferred
- Successful track record of implementing outsourcing strategy, and transforming organization through change management, process improvement and policy enhancements.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and align with internal business partners to influence spend behavior; and with external suppliers to increase performance.
- Excellent project management, collaboration, and communication skills
- Financial and business acumen capable of acutely identifying and effectively executing on savings opportunities
- Must have excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to operate and execute effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Must be customer oriented, flexible, team player, improvement minded, initiative taker, proactive, with good judgment and decision making ability
Sr. Sourcing Analyst
The incumbent may be required to sit for extended periods of time. May spend a considerable amount of time looking at the computer monitors and using his/her hands to operate office equipment.