Director, Business Intelligence Capabilities
The Director, Global Analytics & BI (Business Intelligence) Capabilities is responsible for creating industry leading capabilities to execute on AbbVie's Winning with Data global strategy by working in conjunction with AbbVie's Geographic Areas Clusters & Markets (Affiliates). This position is pivotal in helping drive New Product Launches, Brand Excellence & In-Field Team (IFT) Effectiveness and measuring business outcomes. The Global Analytics Director will lead and guide BI capabilities by embedding best practices in data strategy, data science, performance reporting and visualization. Finally, the Global Analytics Director will provide support, grounded in deep functional expertise, to AbbVie's International Area & Affiliate Customer Excellence teams and institute a best in class Analytic Center of Excellence (CoE).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- The Global Analytics Director will work closely with multiple stakeholders in framing critical business questions, synthesizing various data sources, evaluating in market performance and generating analytical models to inform market research, demand studies, segmentation, multi-channel marketing, and resource allocation & investment maximization. Enable Brand excellence through one continuous brand plan, from Discovery to In-Field Teams, driving key brand strategy anchors and updating and aligning them with strategic milestones by providing pro-active thought leadership driven by timely, data-driven insights
- Execute on the roadmap defined by the newly formed Global Analytics function with a hands-on approach by partnering with brand, therapy area and industry domain experts as well as internal and external Cloud, Big Data and Data Modeling experts to build data driven tools for internal teams that help pro-actively measure, monitor and recommend actionable insights throughout the brand plan Partner with the Affiliate BI teams to understand and represent their needs with respect to Global Brand objectives, priorities, and support capability requirements. Help drive convergence between traditional primary market research and data-driven and predictive analytical market intelligence and advanced data science techniques.
- Identify opportunities to update AbbVie's capabilities and skillsets to match of our core strategies and key initiatives. Coach, develop and mentor employees (team) on data science tools and methodologies including Cloud computing, Big-Data, Predictive Analytics, Classification Algorithms, Unstructured Data and Supervised & Unsupervised Machine Learning techniques. Develop, champion and maintain an analytic community to advance and share leading practices.
- Oversee the evaluation, ingestion and classification of diverse structured & unstructured data sources, such as primary market research data, Real World Data, disease and patient data, market and competitive data, and social listening data. Employ Rapid prototyping approach, demonstrating experience in managing the latest data science tools and technologies such as Cloud Computing environments (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure Platform), Hadoop, R & Python. Work with data visualization experts using tools like Qlik, to share insights in a business friendly, actionable manner to peers, business leadership team and executives.
- Drive the interaction and partnership between the International Area/Affiliates and assess Global, readiness to support business outcomes measurement using Multi-Channel & In-Field Team analytics. Act as an analytic center of expertise on In IFT, Multi-Channel, data/reporting and analytics staying at the forefront to ensure a tight cooperation in identifying and defining analytical needs, and generating the pull-through of insights & analytics with the business.
- BA or BS degree required. Advanced degree (e.g. MBA or MA) preferred. Statistical knowledge is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years leading decision science/data analytics functions required; previous healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Experience in pharmaceutical analytics across traditional and digital channels.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to be agile & nimble to changing business conditions, strong collaboration and teamwork across functional groups to contribute to a productive work culture. Lead strategically and create trust and respect within the department.
- Deep knowledge of advanced modeling (promotional resource allocation, segmentation, SFE - Sales Force Excellence, channel mix & target optimization).
- Ability to execute on a long-term analytic capability development roadmap. Experience in contributing to the development of a new analytics organization with demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing and leading teams that utilize latest developments in Big Data and Data Science to achieve competitive advantages.
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, and consulting skills. Strong change leadership, communication, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Strategic thinker, keeping big picture in mind while ensuring execution excellence.
- Ability to manage complexity, prioritizes team deliverables, and makes effective decisions in complex, cross-functional, changing environments. Proven leadership of high-performing cross-functional global teams in matrixed organizations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled