Specialist, IT Technical
Provides in-depth technical expertise & direction in the development and support of client area application systems/programming requirements and processes (e.g. new, enhancements or maintenance), in the preparation of application system specifications, and in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Has strong business understanding/experience of the new product introduction process across supply chain, regulatory, manufacturing, and quality.
- Understands fundamental IT/database functionality and how that database design can or cannot control a corresponding business process.
- Serves as a global business system owner to ensure a single global process and application is used across the enterprise.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and the impact on enterprise IT systems globally used in MFG/QA.
- Works closely with global regulatory, supply chain, program management and quality to ensure business requirements are appropriately controlled in the corresponding IT application.
- Drive business process improvement and/or enhancements to the IT system to ensure agility and speed to market.
- Serve as technical expert or lead projects/programs, test and implement significant new products, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
- Ensure a given IT application is globally designed and has global user requirements.
- Assists in the validation, performance monitoring; testing and validation of IT systems.
- Assists in the coordination and closer of any CAPA items impacting the corresponding IT system.
- Evaluate & recommend new software, utilities, and tools.
- Accountable for total project scope, completion within budget constraints and schedules completion date.
- Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
- Experience in manufacturing, quality, IT, regulatory, supply chain preferred.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer engineering. Equivalent experience is defined as six years combined experience in the above areas.
- 5-8 years of combined experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer engineering (in addition to equivalent experience listed above, if applicable).