Scientist I/II, Chemistry (Medicinal Chemistry)
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to oncology drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in discovery synthetic chemistry efforts aimed at identifying and developing novel linker/payload technologies for preclinical evaluation and clinical use.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Synthesize, purify and characterize biologically-active organic small molecules and linkers;
- contribute to optimization and validation of synthetic routes applicable for synthesis of linker-drugs on multigram scale;
- maintain excellent experimental records for research and development efforts;
- contribute to development and optimization of analytical characterization methods for linker dugs.
The successful candidate will have strong synthetic skills, outstanding attention to detail and excellent record keeping abilities.
- BSc or MSc in Synthetic Organic Chemistry 3-4+ years of laboratory experience.
- Experience in multistep organic synthesis
- Strong small molecule purification skills
- Knowledge of common spectroscopic and analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC)
- Highly organized and disciplined record keeping
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent laboratory practices and safety techniques are essential
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment