Medical Director, Global Medical Affairs Lead - Leukemia
Accountable for development and execution of the global medical affairs strategy for the Blincyto Global Medical Affairs Team (GMAT) with the objective of maximizing Amgen's value proposition.
The Global Medical Affairs Lead (GMAL) for Blincyto / Acute Leukemia is responsible for:
- Developing the global medical strategy for Blincyto and early asset strategies for acute leukemia through deep understanding of medical practice to maximize access and reimbursement
- Leading global medical affairs strategies for the Blincyto GMAT
- Developing and leading execution of global medical affairs strategy, including external stakeholder management, communication, evidence generation, and medical education
- Developing and leading execution of a global medical communication strategy, including clinical narrative framework, scientific platform, core content, congresses, and publications
- Developing global external stakeholder engagement strategy to strengthen understanding of the unmet need and medical value of Blincyto to appropriate patients
- Facilitating the build-up of Amgen's reputation as a science-based and patient focused reliable partner
- Partnering on evidence generation and ensuring key regional/local needs are addressed
- Developing and leading execution of medical educational strategy
- Providing medical insights and advice
MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school OR PhD OR PharmD
4 years of Medical Affairs experience in Hematology-Oncology
Clinical and disease knowledge base in acute leukemia
- MD plus accredited fellowship in Oncology, board certified or board eligible
- 5 years Medical Affairs experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO) that includes collaborations with integrated delivery networks, accountable care organizations, and/or payers
- 2 years of clinical research experience and/or basic science combined with clinical teaching and patient care activities
- Familiarity with global regulatory organizations, guidelines, and practices
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and global regulations and guidelines
- History of solving problems while exhibiting superior judgment and a balanced, realistic understanding of issues
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical product development, product lifecycle, and commercialization processes, including but not limited to, clinical operations, commercial, regulatory, and medical affairs
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.