Research Associate, Protein Biochemistry
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in Redwood City, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
In this position, the successful candidate will apply her/his skills and expertise in protein biochemistry to assist in purifying protein targets bound by Atreca antibodies so that they may be identified using protein sequencing techniques. These methods include immunoprecipitation, chromatography and other protein biochemistry techniques.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with antibody target identification efforts
- Perform pilot and preparative immunoprecipitations on cell and tumor extracts
- Purify proteins and other macromolecules using chromatographic methods
- Generate lysates and subcellular fractions from tissue culture cells (including radiolabeled cells) and mouse tumors
- Characterize purified material by 1D & 2D western blots, autoradiography
- Work with other project team members and communicate results with the team
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline
- REQUIRED: 1-6 years research experience performing protein purification and/or immunoprecipitation
- Extensive experience with immunoblots, including slot and western blots
- Experience with SDS-PAGE and electrophoretic transfer of proteins to membranes
- Must have excellent trouble shooting, organization, and planning skills, and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Exact title and salary commensurate with experience.
Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.