Product Manager / Sr. Product Manager
In close coordination with the Product Management Director, the individual will be responsible for product management deliverables for INTERCEPT Blood System products. Works with cross-functional project teams to define, prioritize, plan, and drive the implementation of product enhancements and extensions to meet customer requirements and corporate objectives. Requires extensive interaction with all Cerus functional departments globally and with external contractors and customers.
- Market/customer/human factors research to address critical uncertainties in programs or to define requirements
- Craft market research plan
- Select and manage vendors
- Observe and learn from the research
- Summarize and present conclusions internally
- Create and maintain the Customer Requirements and the Business Case for programs.
- Participate as a member of cross functional project teams
- Ensure Customer Requirements are translated into design requirements and otherwise represent the voice of the customer in key decisions
- Track program progress
- Ensure Product Management deliverables are completed on time
- Develop and facilitate implementation of Commercial Launch Plans.
- Organize and maintain the Product Improvement Log and facilitate disposition of new improvement ideas.
- Provide support for other commercial activities as may be necessary or appropriate to further the INTERCEPT programs (examples: addressing customer feedback and complaints; supporting tenders, regulatory submissions, and deployment; development of quality system documentation; etc.).
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the INTERCEPT product and the blood banking/transfusion medicine industry. Keep abreast of competing products and identify market trends; assess impact to Cerus/INTERCEPT.
- Maintain knowledge of, and adhere to, applicable regulations including ISO 13485 processes and procedures. Manage individual and team activities within Cerus quality system requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific, engineering or business discipline.
- Strong business skills essential. MBA desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in one or more regulated medical product company(ies).
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
- Self-starter who excels in forming positive relationships with all functional areas of the company.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface effectively at all levels, both internally and externally (encompasses verbal, written, interpersonal, and listening).
- Effectively demonstrates the ownership necessary for achieving or surpassing desired results; keeps and answers for personal commitments.
- Ability to analyze data and make strategic recommendations.
Travel estimated at 10-25% including occasional weekends. Travel may be domestic or international.