Assistant Engineer/Associate Engineer - ASE2018
ACEA Biosciences, Inc. is looking for an Assistant/Associate Engineer with responsibility for, under limited supervision from research scientists and engineers, building/testing/troubleshooting/modifying prototype systems, performing design verification and validation on functional instruments, project logistics, and participating in product engineering development and sustaining engineering after product launch. Work will center on development of bioanalytical instrument system which involves in electronics, mechanical hardware, fluidics subsystems, optical engine and detection and software/firmware.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in various engineering design/development activities
- Read engineering drawings (e.g., electronic schematics, blueprints, mechanical drawings) and engineering instructions for assembling various systems/sub-systems
- Construct various engineering prototype models (e.g. fluidics, optics) to meet engineering requirements
- Design experiments for sub-system (electronics/fluidics/optics/mechanics) testing and verification
- Design and perform experiments for system-level validation and long-term system reliability test on functional instruments
- Participate in trouble shooting and problem solving during various stages of product development
- Participate in product improvement and sustaining engineering development
- Record and analyze experimental data. Write test procedure and test report.
- Participate document preparation for project meeting and review
- Project logistics (component selection, ordering, vendor/supplier inquiry)
- Perform non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity
- Conduct other engineering development activities or company/project required duties
- B.S. or M.S in Engineering (e.g., Biomedical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering). Interdisciplinary background is preferred.
- Knowledge in one or more areas related to analytical instrument such as electronics, fluidics, optics, signal processing, software or embedded systems.
- Hands-on experiences and skills in electrical, optical, microfluidics, electrochemical biosensing principles and experimental system configurations.
- Hands-on experiences and skills in engineering CAD tools such as Protel, Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Knowledge in Design-of-Experiment (DOE) is preferred. Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working experiences in biotech company and knowledge in cellular biology and molecular biology preferred.
- Goal-oriented and attention for details. Highly motivated and flexible with accelerated timelines and fast paced team environment.
- Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Good time management skills with the ability to work independently as well as a team contributor.
ACEA offers a professional, friendly, and supportive environment with great benefits. Please send resume and cover letter referencing code ASE2018