Temporary Material Handler
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
TEMPORARY MATERIAL HANDLER
SUMMARY: Materials Management is looking for an individual to be responsible for the physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, and supplies.
- Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items as necessary. Lifts heavy items and will operate a forklift. Examines, stocks and distributes materials to inventory and manufacturing lines. Provides support in glass wash operations. All work performed under cGMP/GxP and following SOP’s.
- Incumbent applies his/her job skills and company’s policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks performed under cGMP/GxP. He/She works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. He/She normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Must have at least 2 years related experience or college degree
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Must be organized, customer focused, and have the ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Ability to regularly lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Prior fork-lift experience preferred
- Must be reliable, with a stable work history
- Prior experience performing similar duties in a GMP manufacturing environment preferred
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0135
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.