Director Process Engineering
Omniox, Inc. is an IND-stage biopharmaceutical company with a proprietary protein platform that will yield multiple drug candidates to treat diseases where hypoxia and ischemia drive poor clinical outcomes, such as cancer, stroke and critical care. We have strong science, strong leadership and strong financial backing.
At Omniox, we value:
- Scientific and operational excellence
- Open-mindedness and courage
We’re seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and adaptable leader in biologic process engineering to become an integral part of our CMC team. As a member of our CMC team, you’ll plan, coordinate, and drive process engineering CMC activities at a number of contract manufacturers, including scale-up for cGMP manufacturing. In addition to CMO oversight, you’ll be responsible for conducting troubleshooting and investigations and supporting cGMP manufacture, to achieve timely delivery of cGMP therapeutics to support clinical trials. You’ll work as a part of a highly collaborative CMC group to support IND filings and serve as a subject matter expert on cross-functional teams. This is an opportunity to learn, to grow and to achieve at the leading edge of science and medicine. This role will report to the Vice President Manufacturing.
● Work with a diverse organization that may include both internal and external resources and be distributed over a wide geographic area. Budgetary responsibility is considerable, and emphasis is placed on achieving specific budget targets. Responsible for engineering all activities in a manner that complies with appropriate safety, regulatory and legal requirements
● Coordinate directly with Director Drug Substance Manufacturing and Director Drug Product Manufacturing
● Manage CMO/CRO relationships, to include planning, coordination and technical oversight of process engineering activities. Serve as primary contact to support process engineering.
● Responsiblefor identifying equipment, process and infrastructure requirements across all manufacturing responsibilities.
- Run and document appropriate meetings, manage procurement and payment of invoices, and ensure timely communication between the contract sites and Omniox management.
● Provide engineering leadership and direction to CMO/CROs and internal scientists for process optimization, transfer, and troubleshooting
● Apply QbD concepts to engineering; identify potential process improvements and apply current technologies to the process; and contribute to CMC engineering strategy and continuous process improvement for next generation processes
● Design and plan efforts to improve efficiency and yields and reduce cost of goods
● Act as subject-matter expert on cross-functional teams; collaborate closely with drug substance, drug product, analytical, QA, regulatory affairs, and other CMC team members.
● Present technical, quality and commercially focused information to diverse audiences in a clear and consistent manner
● Provide vision concerning production methods, equipment, process validation requirements (IQ, OQ, PQ), CMC testing and supply chain management tools
- BS/BA degree inChemical Engineering or arelated discipline and at least twenty years of experience in a biopharmaceutical environment orrelated experience
- MS/MAdegree inChemical Engineering or arelated discipline and at least fifteen years of experience in a biopharmaceutical environment orrelated experience
· Extensive experience in clinical and commercial pharmaceutical manufacturing is required, with preference given for recombinant biopharmaceutical parenteral products.
· Demonstrated experience in process scale-up and process transfer, and manufacturing
· Experience supporting cGMP manufacturing through all phases of development (pre-IND to commercial); must have experience with IND filings
· In depth experience with FDA, EMA and industry and international regulatory and safety guidelines (21 CFR part 11, GMP, ISO, etc.).
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task in high pressure, changing conditions in a global development and manufacturing environment. Ability to prioritize competing activities and effectively present prioritized actions for others to execute.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully operate and direct 3rd party vendors supplying products and services. Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and people management skills through all levels of the organization.
· Frequent domestic and international travel is required to support manufacturing campaigns; must be able to work flexible working hours including weekends and holidays, as occasionally required
We offer competitive compensation, including base salary and bonus, stock options, health benefits and paid time off.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Omniox is an equal opportunity employer. Wewill consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.