Scientist - Preclinical Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacology
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM has an exciting opportunity for a pharmacokinetics/clinical pharmacology expert in Translation Science group. This individual will provide PKPD support on multiple programs from early drug discovery through clinical development, drive the design, execution, and analysis of PK and clinical pharmacology studies and draft pharmacokinetic and clinical pharmacology sections of regulatory documents.
• Plan, monitor and conduct preclinical pharmacokinetic studies to support drug candidate selection and early preclinical drug development activities in-house and at contract research organizations
• Analyze and interpret preclinical pharmacokinetic data to inform the design of preclinical pharmacology and toxicology studies
• Author pharmacokinetic reports and relevant sections of regulatory documents
• Serve as pharmacokinetics representative on research project teams
Ph.D. /Pharm D. in pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, or related discipline
- 1-3+ years of relevant post-doctoral, industry or government experience. Experience with biologics and additionally experience with pharmacometric tools (e.g., MATLAB/Symbiology, SAS/R/Splus, NONMEM/MONOLIX, WinNonlin, Trial Simulator etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Strong demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross functional team in a highly dynamic, matrixed, project-team environment. Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, including publications/presentations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational and project skills.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply now"