Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Hematology
The Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Hematology will lead the hematology pipeline development and launch preparedness. Ensures project plans integrate and align with the product strategic plans from matrix teams to achieve AbbVie's ambition in oncology. The Director provides updates on execution of plans to products as well as functional management and represents HEOR at appropriate hematology leadership meetings. In the development of product strategic plans, liaises with other members of the hematology team and ADT teams to generate innovative ideas and create alignment on strategies.
You must specify a value for this required field Designs, conducts, oversees and analyzes multiple programs in support of typically one therapeutic area as well as communicates the findings to internal (Executive Leadership, Area VPs, GMs etc.) and external (e.g., HTAs/Payors, patient (advocacy groups) and KOLs etc.) audiencesNDP Development - directs, develops, organizes, and implements the HEOR strategy with concurrence of functional management to allow the development of each NDP to proceed expeditiously and smoothly toward registration, PR&A and market launch in compliance with national and international governmental regulationsDirects the execution and makes decisions of the worldwide HEOR development plans of the NDPs. In conjunction with the Sr. Director/ VP TA, sets HEOR strategic direction for multiple development programs consistent with business goa" />
- Leads the development of the strategic plans and studies to support patient access all within a highly matrixed, team environment
- Communicate study findings to internal (Executive Leadership, Area VPs, GMs etc.) and external (e.g., HTAs/Payers, patient (advocacy groups) and KOLs etc.) audiences.
- Develops and executes HEOR projects including writing RFP, vendor selection, and management including budget
- Executes HEOR research using internal data sets including writing protocols and statistical analysis plans, defending in protocol review committee, and executing research with analyst to writing final reports or publications
- Proficient at global economic modeling and generation of strategies and evidence to support global launches within HTA markets, and all markets across the world
- Partners with development team to determine HEOR strategies including inclusion, analysis and validation of quality of life or patient reported outcomes in development plan
- Sets the strategic direction of the brand in partnership with the integrated brand teams focusing on the impact of evidence generation to solve complex issues
- Maintains awareness of regulatory legislation and assesses its impact on business and AbbVie product development programs
- PhD in Health economics, pharmacoeconomics, health services research, public health or related field with at least 3 years of experience. Will consider MD or PharmD, both with an MS in Economics, Econometrics, or (pharmaco) epidemiology or any other related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience. Level commensurate with experience - will consider manager level and Director level candidates based on experience
- Previous experience within the oncology therapeutic area, at least 1 year strongly preferred
- Experience leading HEOR strategies and tactics in support of pipeline development and on-market product support
- Possess both strategic and tactical skills in executing HEOR
- Seeking a proven leader within HEOR and the pharmaceutical industry to complete a top performing team in oncology
Job Grades are determined by the country in which the payroll is based.