Senior Marketing Manager, Managed Healthcare
The Senior Marketing Manager, Health Systems, is responsible for designing, developing and implementing strategic marketing initiatives targeting health systems that improve the experience of care, improve the health of populations and reduce per capita cost (Triple Aim). This person will serve as a subject matter expert on health systems population health management and care standardization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Drive and participate in the strategic and tactical marketing planning process.
- Work with Marketing peers and Directors, internal brand team partners, field Account Executives, and external business partners to build, manage and execute marketing plans to achieve business objectives and goals.
- Continuously stay abreast of trends affecting health systems, determine impact on patient care and AbbVie, and recommend new or different strategies and tactics.
- Evaluate new disease states to determine feasibility of implementing population health management programs in health systems.
- Work with Marketing Analytics and Business Insights to evaluate health system segments, drivers and barriers adopting population health management programs, and messaging.
- Tactical execution
- Partner with agency of record and internal teams to develop and execute innovative tactical initiatives that support goals.
- Direct and manage projects including execution of marketing plans, initiatives and tasks to achieve goals in specified time frames.
- Effectively translate market trends to develop unique tactics that support the field Accounts Executive sales team.
- Assure that all tactical execution is done in a compliant manner.
- Cross-functional execution
- Work cross-functionally with field Account Executive team, Marketing, franchise business partners, Legal, OEC, Medical, Regulatory and external partners in an effective manner to support business planning and execution and deliver results.
- Work with Health System c-suite, Director level and HCPs in a professional manner to support the development and execution of initiatives.
- Manage and track projects, and work with partners to assure that work is completed within allocated budget.
- Make innovative recommendations on how marketing and field tactical execution could be done to make better use of Abbvie resources.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in health systems, or with health systems on population health and quality improvement initiatives.
- Strong understanding of care standardization, patient flow processes, EMR systems, data warehousing, registries and analytics.
- Knowledge of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and key policies impacting health systems, such as MACRA.
- Strong communication skills and executive presence.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, manage and communicate clearly complex situations.
- Positive and collaborative management style working with cross-functional teams to achieve business goals.
- Marketing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, eGMP).