Associate Manager/ Manager, Meetings & Conventions
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Associate Manager/Manager, Meetings & Conventions is a key contributor to the team responsible for providing proactive convention, logistical and meeting support to the Regeneron Marketing teams, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Field-based employees and their management. Specifically, the person in this position is responsible for providing healthcare convention management, healthcare professional (HCP) meeting management services, and logistical support for all Regeneron-sponsored conventions and external meetings. This includes price negotiations, vendor oversight, and budget management; spend reporting and ensuring continued compliance with all federal, state and Company compliance laws, regulations and policies.
• Dedicated internal resource to brand and development teams to manage Regeneron and the alliance presence at Regeneron led Congresses and Conventions. Main contact with medical associations and housing bureau; which includes to secure exhibit space, sponsorships, advertising, media, housing and meeting space.
• Strategically manage and facilitate convention planning meetings and execute onsite all Convention/Congress activities with the brand, agencies and/or alliance partner.
• Internal resource to compliantly manage and oversee HCP and Scientific Expert Contractor Interactions for Regeneron and/or the alliance partners. This includes sourcing venues, creating websites, sending invitations, tracking RSVPs, facilitator of planning meetings between brand, alliance partners and content agency, onsite management and timely reconciliation for all HCP Professionals.
• Develop and manage the budget associated with each assigned meeting and convention and track and report the spend post event to the internal sponsors of the event.
• Stay abreast of all pertinent company policies, procedures and government regulations that relate to company-sponsored events and thereby actively contribute to Regeneron's continued compliance with same.
Other Duties and Responsibilities (Secondary to the Essential Functions of the Job):
• Create or update as needed, any meeting-related documents including but not limited to invitations, registration sites, welcome letters, agendas, arrival/departure lists and travel itineraries.
• Process venue contracts for meetings, exhibitions and events as needed.
• Support initiatives and collaborate with other areas of Commercial Operations
• Mentor and guide more junior colleagues.
• Keep abreast of changes in Regeneron, the marketplace and industry best practices to ensure the continued effectiveness of all conventions and meetings sponsored and/or supported by Regeneron and alliance partners.
:• Bachelors degree required.
• 5-7 years or more of experience.
MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL 50-70% including weekends
- Conventions experience required, MUST have National, US, and International Conventions experience.
• Outstanding customer service skills with proven ability to interact effectively with management, vendors and alliance partners
• Strong understanding and experience of healthcare congresses and conventions; including strategic convention management with exhibit houses, brand teams, medical, alliance partners, content agencies and medical associations.
• Vast knowledge with installation and dismantling, housing bureaus, ancillary meetings, sponsorships, prospectus, show kits, media and all other activities surrounding the convention.
• Demonstrated success in managing and delivering on complex, cross-functional healthcare conventions and HCP meetings.
• Understanding of contract negotiation including management of attrition, statements of work, meal caps and budget management.
• Detail-orientated with strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Familiar with the drug development and commercialization process.
• Previous healthcare convention management a must.
b. Required Special Equipment and/or Programs:
• Working knowledge of Cvent system preferred.
• Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) a plus.
c. Supervisory Responsibility:
• Previous staff management experience a plus.
• Manager may have line responsibility for at least one associate.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 11123BR