Sr. Director of Total Rewards
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Senior Compensation & Benefits Leader will lead the strategic planning, development, enhancement, administration, and communication of compensation and benefits policies and programs for executive and non-executive employees who are largely based in the United States. Responsible for the strategy, design, communication and overall management of Regeneron total compensation programs including base pay, short term and long term incentives, health and welfare and retirement benefit plans. These initiatives support the company's continued growth strategy, business objectives and talent acquisition and retention goals.
The Sr. Director, Total Rewards is expected to maximize total compensation value and drive the strategic planning for future program enhancements/ changes that align with company philosophy and growth with an eye toward keeping the company market competitive with the overall compensation and benefits programs that support the overall Regeneron Culture while ensuring compliance with all associated regulatory requirements. Develops and communicates the corporation's total rewards strategy for all business segments encompassing over 6300 employees. Leads and manages the total rewards function as follows:
• Develops and communicates the organization's total rewards strategy as it relates to base salary, variable pay, equity, benefits and work / life components consistent with the company's Total Rewards Philosophy.
• Develops and evaluates compensation and benefits programs and recommends modifications aligned with the company's objectives and progressive approach.
• Oversees and administers programs including base pay, variable pay, health and welfare, wellness, 401(k), equity programs, bonus plans at all levels, including executive bonus plans.
• Creates and designs compensation and benefits models to provide analysis on critical business initiatives.
• Oversee the design and management of effective wellness strategies that enable the company to keep the cost of healthcare below national and industry averages.
• Works with Executive and Finance teams to ensure adequate estimates, forecasts, and calculation of expenditures in compensation, benefits, and equity programs for budget planning and tracking.
• Monitors pay structures, guidelines and compensation policies in order to develop and ensure consistency and competitiveness in base salary and variable pay programs.
• Leads and manages the annual focal review merit cycle for Customer Central including conducting calibration meetings with top executive leaders where every employee is looked at from a performance and salary recommendation standpoint. Process culminates with an executive roll up and summary for the Executive Team of the corporation.
• Provides oversight of Commercial sales and other field-based compensation schemes to ensure appropriateness and alignment with broader company compensation philosophy
• Manages all aspects of external relationships, including vendor selection, performance assessments and contract negotiations.
• Keeps abreast of current market practices and assesses competitiveness of the compensation, benefit and wellness practices and programs.
• Ensures compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation, benefits and wellness.
• Works with other members of HR Leadership team on various projects and activities to ensure the company attracts and retains the right talent for the organization
• Directs, guides and develops staff
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Additional duties and projects as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
• A minimum of sixteen years of increasingly responsible experience within the total rewards functions. Additional experience in finance or compensation/benefits consulting would be preferred but not required.
• Industry experience within Bio/Pharma or other life sciences highly preferred
• Knowledge and experience across the spectrum of broad-based total rewards and in-depth understanding of executive compensation design and administration.
• Experience selecting and managing external consulting relationships.
• Ability to work closely with members of the senior executive team as well as build collaborative working relationships with other members of management
• Strong project management skills
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 11986BR