Operational Excellence Lead
Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer U.S. LLC's Shawnee Mission, KS, officeseeks an Operational Excellence Lead to drive continuous improvement (CI) culture by teaching CI tools and modeling the expected behaviors.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Operational Excellence Lead, are to:
- holding process owners responsible and accountable for the execution, results and sustainability for the process improvements by monitoring the actions and escalating to the project sponsors as appropriate;
- conducting status reviews with process owners to track project progress and work with the process owners to identify mitigation steps in the event a project goes off-track; and
- preparing and compiling OE department monthly and quarterly reports.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Industrial Engineering
- five (5) years of post-baccalaureate and progressively responsible experience in a related position.
- Four years of the required five years of experience must include project management.
- the practical application of Lean - Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement tools. (Kaizen, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, SMED, Creating one piece flow, Kanban, A3, Process mapping, Statistical Process Control, Root Cause Analysis);
- developing and implementing a continuous improvement culture utilizing Lean and Six Sigma tools;
- developing and using intermediate project financial knowledge to drive results;
- utilizing Hoshin Kanri tools, from top management to Operational levels; and
- facilitating cross-functional project teams, influencing decisions at all levels.
- Must either have a Master Black Belt or have held a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Location: KS-Shawnee Mission