Senior Financial Analyst
Age-related disorders are rapidly increasing in prevalence and constitute a major medical challenge. The basis of our science is that understandings from the plasma proteome can lead to new plasma based and traditional therapeutics that will modify the aging process and treat diseases. We are rapidly translating our findings to the clinic, working with innovative therapeutic modalities and developing comprehensive understandings to treat major disorders, including Alzheimer's Disease.
This is your chance to add real value to an entrepreneurial organization that supports innovation and new ideas.
We are searching for a Senior Financial Analyst. The ideal candidate will act as a right-hand individual to the Chief Financial Officer and provide key support to research and development project teams by leading Corporate financial planning and analysis processes.
Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- In collaboration with Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Controller, prepare annual budgets and periodic forecasts for a growing development stage Company with multiple ongoing clinical trials
- Monitor, research and report on financial variances against budgets and forecasts. This will include the construction and management of accountability process to ensure financial performance against plan.
- Interact with clinical operations and research teams to track status of multiple clinical trials and research projects
- Support the monthly accrual process by preparing research and development project accruals, which will involve collaborating with vendors and internal project groups
- Prepare various account reconciliations and accounts analyses for month-end close and provide detailed schedules for periodic audits
- Prepare quarterly invoice to collaboration partner
- Ad-Hoc analyses to support executive management team and finance group, which might include gathering market data, analyzing competitor's financial statements and public disclosures, building and maintaining valuation models, evaluating financing opportunities and analyzing various licensing opportunities
- BS degree in finance or accounting, with MBA/CPA preferred
- 7+ years of total corporate finance and accounting experience, including experience in financial planning and analysis, preferably in life science or pharmaceutical development industries
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, particularly in accounting for clinical trials
- Understanding of functional area roles, responsibilities and interdependencies of the drug development process
- Advanced competency working in MS Excel, with proven ability to design sophisticated spreadsheet models, incorporating use of logic and lookup formulas, as well as pivot-tables; proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Superb organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Self-starter, independent thinker and deadline driven; able to effectively operate independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment is essential
- Demonstrated high energy and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A can-do attitude and an ability to demonstrate creativity, initiative and independence in resolving project issues towards program and business goals