2nd Shift Group Leader, API Manufacturing
Strong operating knowledge of complex equipment and monitors manufacturing process. Can direct a shift of operators in the overall functionality of departmental processes. Sets the example and holds operators to follow all safety, quality, environmental, operational and personnel expectations. Can train less experienced operators in the place of a certified/qualified trainer. Identifies opportunities for improvements throughout the operations and leads the implementation of changes both in physical operations and written documents. Operates all jobs and maintains operating conditions within the desired range. Strong knowledge of basic computer programs and manufacturing monitoring systems, and can train less experienced operators to learn them. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Exercises job knowledge to independently perform job responsibilities and provides on the job training where necessary. Directs operational activities and manpower schedules
- Analyzes equipment performance for potential maintenance issues. Anticipates issues with manufacturing productivity and works to resolve alarm issues and equipment failures.
- Sets example and enforces all safety, quality, environmental, operational and personnel policies. Communicates all operational events and issues with appropriate individuals. Responsible for the productivity of group/shift. Supervises direct labor and non-direct labor where applicable. Knowledgeable of all jobs in assigned area of responsibility and Good Manufacturing Practices policies. Demonstrates compliance to local and industry quality and safety standards.
- Leads and organizes operators in solving problem situations. Recommends and leads improvements on manufacturing and departmental processes and procedures.
- Conducts all business in a professional manner. Confronts issues in a constructive manner at an appropriate organizational level, and takes ownership of tasks.
- Provides verbal input to supervisors for written employee evaluations and performance reviews once a year.
- Participates in the sharing of information to promote overall efficiency of production. Attends and actively participates in meetings.
- Articulates problems and provides a positive media for group communication.
- High School diploma required.
- Must have strong technical knowledge with manufacturing experience in a chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, or similar environment.
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of plant economics to make decisions aimed at efficiency and reliability.
- General computer knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office, Email, etc.). Proficient use of manufacturing monitoring systems to track and trend data critical to processes (i.e. PI, SAP, etc.)