Senior Manager Occupational Health
The Senior Manager in Occupational Health (OH) will provide clinical and operational leadership for the Thousand Oaks location. The Senior Manager will be responsible for the delivery of direct patient care services within the scope of a nurse practitioner, as well as key OH and Safety program development and implementation.
The Senior Manager will be in a leadership position and will perform regional OH program support of Global OH initiatives. The Senior Manager will maintain the health, safety, and productivity of Amgen staff through the provision of high-level clinical care and leadership.
- Deliver direct patient care
- Perform medical and case management of work related injury/illness
- Perform medical surveillance exams, international travel health consultations; immunizations, and TB screening tests
- Act as a strategic partner and resource within the Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability organization
- Function as a champion of occupational health and wellness initiatives
- Ensure compliance with State, Federal, and OSHA regulations. Manage the AED program and respond to site medical emergencies
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and management
- Comply with ethical, legal, professional requirements, and corporate policies and procedures
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Advanced Practice Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner experience
Master's degree and 6 years of Advanced Practice Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Occupational Health Nursing experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Occupational Health Nursing experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Occupational Health Nursing experience
- 4 years clinical experience as an occupational health nurse practitioner
- BCLS/ACLS certification
- Previous experience with electronic medical records
- Experience with workers compensation, case management, OSHA regulations, and maintaining OSHA records
- Experience with audiometry and spirometry
- Current valid California NP license with furnishing authority
- Current DEA license
- CPR/BLS Certification
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate others and work effectively in teams
- Possess strong clinical skills and ability to rapidly prioritize responsibilities in response to clinical need and staff population
- Operate independently
- Knowledge of basic OH and safety principles to establish a safe work environment
- Skill in developing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence
- Computer literacy in Microsoft office, competency in developing and presenting power point slides
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Thousand Oaks team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.