Associate-Search & Evaluation-Immunology
Do you have a basic knowledge of pharmaceutical business and drug development process? Do you have an awareness of industry trends and new areas of scientific development? The Search & Evaluation function within the Immunology TA is looking for someone who is passionate about seeking out and establishing external networks to support identification and evaluation of new business opportunities. Our team is a virtualized R&D group within Lilly that takes an entrepreneurial approach to helping Lilly deliver medicines. We seek out and evaluate commercially viable early and late stage assets for potential in-licensing and partnering activities, and by generating additional value from internal Lilly assets via out-partnering and novel financing models in disease areas of high unmet medical need. Strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills are needed attributes for this role. Are you looking for development and potential long term growth in an exciting career? This outstanding opportunity to impact the future direction of pharmaceutical drug development at Lilly could be for you. Are you a self-starter, independent and task oriented individual who is ready to work in a dynamic energizing environment?
Here are some activites in this role.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of an extensive network with healthcare innovators (e.g. academia, biotech, Venture Capital, peer pharma, government organisations), with the objective to identify and explore potential collaborative opportunities in alignment with corporate partnering priorities.
- Support the identification, evaluation and tracking projects of interest, and maintain accurate records of activity through use of in-house caseload management information systems
- Maintain a strong communication network with the Immunology Therapeutic Area globally and within San Diego, colleagues working in Search and Evaluation roles in other TAs and with colleagues supporting External Innovation in Discovery Operations and Corporate Business Development (CBD).
- Participate in relationship building to support and enhance the company profile as a potential partner of choice
- You will support and contribute to the execution of the External Innovation strategy by working closely with all members of the Immunology Search & Evaluation team.
Other activities of the role will be: Support the identification and evaluation of new opportunities:
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the external innovation landscape, aligned to Lilly’s areas of interest (e.g. through the use of external databases and INOVA (database for tracking confidential information).
- Contribute to the initial assessment of opportunities, applying knowledge of drug discovery and development to prioritise and triage
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of strong internal networks within Lilly
- Work with stakeholders across Lilly as necessary to support the progress of deals
- Record all relevant information into Search & Evaluation caseload management information systems
- Provide clear reports and information, updated on a regular basis, to monitor activity and progress against objectives
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of strong external networks to improve Lilly’s potential for productive business relationships with external companies
- Maintaining formal contact channels with potential partners in ongoing licensing projects
- Identifying and developing contacts and relationships with new potential partners (Universities, Institutions, emerging Biotechs)
- Support Lilly’s visibility at regional conferences and partnering meetings
- Maintaining an awareness of new and planned developments (e.g. new sources of innovation funding; strategic initiatives in new areas of healthcare etc) that could deliver new collaboration opportunities
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific discipline related to the pharmaceutical industry (Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Immunology etc)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong database and computer skills
- Fluency in another major European language would be an asset but is not required