Program Coordinator, AACR Academy
This position provides overall administrative support to the Associate Director, Scientific Programs, and to the Fellows of the AACR Academy. The AACR Academy serves to recognize and honor distinguished scientists whose major scientific contributions have propelled significant innovation and progress against cancer, and to leverage the expertise of the global brain trust of Fellows of the AACR Academy to advance the mission of the AACR to prevent and cure all cancers through research, education, communication, and collaboration. This position involves extensive communication with prominent cancer scientists and physicians as well as coordination of logistics to facilitate their attendance and involvement in AACR’s meetings and programs. Exceptional customer service is an integral component of this position.
The Program Coordinator will work with individual Fellows of the AACR Academy, the leadership of the AACR Academy, and the Officers and Directors of the AACR Board to help plan initiatives that cover key areas of cancer research such as the identification of scientific priorities in the field, science and health policy, and mentorship of scientists and physician-scientists who are in training. Background knowledge and experience working in any of these areas is preferred for this position.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and support effective communication internally between AACR departments and divisions, as well as externally between the organization and the Fellows of the AACR Academy.
- Prepare agendas, budgets, minutes, proposals, and any other necessary files related to meetings and programs of the AACR Academy.
- Communicate with meritorious cancer researchers and physicians primarily via telephone and email.
- Foster existing relationships and build new connections with established cancer researchers and physicians to enable open communication and facilitate active participation in AACR Academy initiatives.
- Coordinate logistics related to housing, travel, and registration for Fellows of the AACR Academy attending conferences, meetings, and think tanks.
- Travel to the AACR Annual Meeting to implement AACR Academy meetings and programs.
- Administer annual AACR Academy nomination and election processes.
- Provide overall administrative support for AACR Academy meetings and teleconferences.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain AACR Academy documents and historical files.
- Create and update AACR Academy webpage content.
- Perform all the essential duties and functions of the position and other related duties as assigned and as necessary.
- A minimum of 7 years of administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit, academic, or scientific environment.
- Must be able to work independently and within team environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail; exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, adapt to a diverse workload, and follow through on projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to build, foster, and maintain relationships with VIP members.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Proficiency in common Microsoft Office applications; knowledge of webpage construction and content management.
- Ability to navigate technological software and platforms.
- BA or BS degree required; Master’s degree preferred; knowledge of science and medical terminology a plus
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, one writing sample, and salary history to:Human Resources
P.O. Box 40138
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Equal Opportunity Employer.