Associate Scientist - R&D/In vivo
We are seeking an Associate Scientist to join our research team and contribute to the expansion of Amgen's Neuroscience group at the Cambridge Research Center in Cambridge, MA.
Primary responsibilities for this position will be to perform in vivo experiments - including, but not limited to, dosing compounds by various administration routes, pharmacodynamic and behavioral assessments, surgery procedures, and sample collection - in support of the discovery and advancement of drugs for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders and pain.
Additional responsibilities will include involvement in the design of experimental protocols and procedures, coordinating studies across functions, interpreting and analyzing data, and reporting results to multidisciplinary teams. Candidates may also be required to participate in group and project meetings, as well as attend seminars.
Master's degree and 2 years of scientific or research experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of scientific or research experience
- Bachelor's Degree in neuroscience, pharmacology, biology, veterinary science or a related discipline and 4 years of laboratory experience in industry
- A working knowledge of all aspects of rodent handling including dosing (IV, SC, IP, and PO), tissue collection, behavioral pharmacology, and surgical techniques
- Experience with mouse colony management through external vendors, such as Charles River Laboratories
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at a time and interact with diverse teams (PKDM, medicinal chemistry, toxicology)
- The capacity to aid in the design of scientific experiments and effectively document scientific results
- High degree of motivation, independence, creativity, and problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work and learn in a team/matrix environment