Director, Fleet & Travel Services
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Director Fleet & Travel Services requires strong influencing, communication, creativity, partnership-building, problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills. This leader will support the organization by actively leading the sourcing, contracting and procurement of goods and services in support of Regeneron's Strategic Sourcing strategy. The Director will add value to the organization through active and robust category and supplier management, cost savings, risk mitigation, high quality and improved service. S/he shall partner with department leaders to analyze spending and assess quality of vendors, lead requests for proposals, compile contracts and written agreements, evaluate effectiveness of product and service programs and influence cost and quality improvements. This leader is responsible for developing and executing plans and strategies for complex spend areas and leading and developing a team to execute on it. The Director will act as a champion for the entire Strategic Sourcing and Procurement organization, providing coaching, guidance, support and overall leadership to the team ensuring goals are achieved.
• Develop and maintain overall category and supplier management strategy for Corporate Services: Fleet, Travel and Corporate Card Services. Analyze spend and value of existing programs in order to direct strategy discussions with stakeholders.
• Applies expert knowledge in guiding team to identify and define sourcing best practices both within and outside of Regeneron, while ensuring those best practices are adopted
• Ensure services strategies are scalable to meet organizational needs and aligned with leading industry practices
• Manage and enhance global corporate travel program and Concur online travel booking system
• Oversight of meetings sourcing management program including Cvent meeting management system
• Maintain, enhance, and communicate related policies, procedures, processes and systems, ensuring Global compliance, stakeholder engagement, and optimization
• Ensure optimal level of costs, quality, and services are achieved and maintained
• Review major contracts for key areas of performance and spend and act as expert resource for planning and leading complex negotiations.
• Drive annual productivity improvements in each category of spend by developing and ensuring implementation of ideas to optimize total cost of ownership for spend categories
• Act as a champion of category management for the entire Strategic Sourcing and Procurement organization, providing coaching, guidance, support and overall leadership to team to ensure goals are achieved
• Change Management/Influencing Skills; ability to build relationships and credibility; facilitate working sessions with large and small internal teams and external stakeholders
• Excellent analytical skills capable of assessing current state and exploring innovative ways to drive cost down and maintain or increase value
• Project management: able to set/change agendas, deliver increased performance levels and routinely implementing improvements across multiple activities
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build trust across the organization
• Able to lead others, provide direction to teams and coach lower level staff
• Advanced problem solving skills in a team environment
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
• Positive winning attitude and high energy level
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 12+ years of experience
• Supervisory experience 4+ years
• CONCUR/CVENT experience required
• MBA Preferred +10 years' experience
• Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and MS Outlook
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 13357BR