Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Engineer, are to:
- Fulfill requirements for new product introduction projects as defined by project managers and senior level engineers and perform assigned deliverables within deadline and within budget;
- Support the development of one design element at a time within a selected discipline, specifically related to IT and engineering elements of injector development;
- Learn about the product and clinical applications associated with launching existing and new products into manufacturing;
- Execute projects associated with development of new products and existing processes within manufacturing, with guidance from engineers;
- Participate in reviews for various aspects of development of a project within manufacturing such as: Protocols, reports, material tracking, development of procedures and associated processes;
- Receive and execute clearly defined objectives and instruction from project leads and direct supervisor;
- Develop process flows of existing applications and new applications in order to improve on efficiencies needed within the manufacturing environment;
- Contact and gather information from suppliers, internal and external customers while communicating outputs to project leadership;
- Communicate work activities effectively;
- Apply Informatics knowledge to existing applications, processes and associated applications.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree required in a technical, engineering or IT discipline;
- An Academic understanding of engineering/scientific principles;
- The ability to fulfill requirements defined by others;
- Working knowledge and proven skills of PC computer operating system including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Experience with Information Systems and the associated applications and how they are applied into a manufacturing environment;
- Demonstrated skills which include drive for results, communication, interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building.
- Experience with SAP and the associated processes to pull product numbers and manage these through production readiness and use;
- Awareness of other technical disciplines;
- Understanding basic tools and technologies;
- Familiarity with electromechanical product packaging Logistics and material handling within a manufacturing environment;
- Familiarity with labeling applications (product and packaging).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Location: PA-Pittsburgh Heilman