- This company is seeking a Paralegal to assist with the timely and thorough review, negotiation, and management of contracts as well as general corporate matters.
- This position will report directly to the Associate General Counsel.
- This position will involve familiarity with standard operational agreements such as confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, material transfer agreements, supply agreements, and clinical trial agreements.
- Providing legal assistance to the Corporate Legal department in drafting and negotiating routine agreements.
- Assisting with the continuing development and revision of standard form agreements and implementation of processes and procedures for review, approval and electronic filing of agreements.
- Maintaining a contract database.
- Interfacing with internal clients and attorneys as well as outside parties in connection with global contract matters.
- Working in an integrated team environment within the corporate legal group while also demonstrating the ability to work independently and escalating issues appropriately.
- Training internal clients on contract forms and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a biotech or pharma company.
- Experience with reviewing confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, material transfer agreements, supply agreements, and clinical trial agreements.
- Knowledge and understanding of global regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to regularly communicate highly confidential information to senior level staff.
- The ideal candidate will be flexible and willing to learn new procedures and skill sets.
- Must be able to collaborate and work with other departments such as Clinical, Commercial, Finance, Research & Development, Manufacturing, and Supply/Purchasing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple contract negotiations simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and related software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.