Sr. Manager/Associate Director, SEC Reporting and SOX Compliance
The Sr. Manager/Assoc. Director, SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting and SOX Compliance is a key role with overall accountability and responsibility for all aspects of the SEC reporting, technical accounting and SOX compliance at Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. This role will coordinate and prepare all SEC filings, research and write technical accounting memos and build the infrastructure, processes and controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all external, SEC financial reporting processes and initiatives, including related activities such as:
- prepare annual, quarterly and periodic reports (i.e., 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K),
- perform all technical accounting research, including preparation of technical accounting memos and implementation of new accounting standards
- prepare the Company’s annual proxy statement, including the related directors’ and officers’ questionnaires, ensuring compliance with all disclosure requirements and
- other activities, as needed.
- Lead SOX 404 compliance efforts, including implementation of SOX 404b. Serve as the main contact for the Company’s external SOX consultants and external auditors including related activities such as:
- assist with design of new internal controls, as needed,
- monitor ongoing performance of the Company’s SOX procedures to ensure full compliance, ensure all appropriate documentation (narratives, risk assessments etc.) are maintained, identify exceptions and ensure remediation, as necessary
- work with the Company’s external consultants and auditors to support their audits of the Company’s internal controls and
- other related activities, as needed.
- Assist with monthly accounting close duties, as needed
- Other duties to support the CFO, VP Finance or Controller, as needed
- CPA required, preferably with life science industry experience
- Seven to ten years of accounting experience; combination of public accounting / private industry experience is ideal with recent experience working in a public company and recent experience working in a SOX 404(b) compliant environment
- Substantial experience in, and working knowledge of, authoritative GAAP accounting including composition of memos involving technical accounting and related research
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills