Scientist II (1802378)
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental
protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading
chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through
science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from
within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine
as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
As the world’s leading chemical company, BASF produces an incredible variety of products for a wide range consumer
industries - for example the automotive, construction, and food industries. Scientist II
BASF Enzymes, LLC is seeking a Scientist II for our Fermentation Technologies group in the R&D department. The
Scientist II will be responsible for supporting projects related to process development (upstream and downstream)
for novel enzyme products with a focus on industrial enzyme recovery. In addition, the Scientist II will have the opportunity
to learn and apply advanced bioprocess development concepts independently, transfer technologies to other in-house
teams and will interface extensively with Formulation Scientists.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Formula for Success: You Will…
• Use your BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or a closelyrelated
discipline to design, execute, and analyze recovery experiments under the guidance of senior scientific staff
• Apply your education and 1 or more years experience in biotechnology to execute independent bench-scale experiments
and projects to support fermentation, recovery, and/or material generation efforts
• Contribute to daily operations of the fermentation team including fermentor preparation, setup and breakdown, fermentor
operation, and recovery equipment operation
• Utilize on a daily basis your hands-on experience with downstream unit operations (filtration, centrifugation),
understanding of basic engineering concepts and their application to biological systems, and aseptic culturing of microbial
organisms (cell culture or fermentation)
• Ideally have experience with fermentor and bioreactor setup and operation
• Possess a strong mechanical aptitude
• Assist in the development and improvement of laboratory infrastructure and protocols
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Thrive in a team oriented environment where you can be self motivated and use your excellent communication skills,
attention to detail, organization, and time management skills to be a successful member of the Fermentation technologies
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and
unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF,
you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never
stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: