Deputy Director, Pricing
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Deputy Director, Pricing are to:
- Lead TA Access Core Teams (ACT) as a platform to drive Access Strategy development and implementation in Must-Win Markets including UK with seamless responsibility across development and lifecycle for the assets in scope (to be specified):
- Impact optimal development and go-to market approaches through a robust and ongoing cross-functional dialogue within the ACT, R&D and Marketing regarding HTA/Payer needs and emerging competitive environments;
- Serve as the GMACS "Brand Champion" towards Countries, R&D and Global Marketing and sits in the Brand Core/Launch Teams (BCT/BLT) and Global Project teams (GPTs) for assets in scope;
- Ensure ACT operates in accordance with highest compliance standards;
- Responsible for creation of one joint Global + Must-Win markets (including UK) MACS strategy and plan for the assets in scope:
- Holistic market access strategy to achieve optimal P&R;
- Payer and HTA relevant design of pivotal clinical evidence;
- Additional compelling MACS evidence package including RLE and Core HE models and value communication such as GVD;
- MACS contributions into yearly IBP and coordinates across local implementation;
- MACS contributions into pipeline development including TPP's and Decision Milestones;
- Align inputs into STRACO/HPR and business case development;
- Global Contracting and Negotiation Strategy;
- Annual implementation plan Global and Must-Win markets (including UK) for national P&R, including a joint perspective on budgets;
- Ensure transparency regarding access challenges and opportunities, including the needs of key customers and stakeholders;
- Ensure local submissions are in line with strategies;
- Validation of key deliverables (e.g., Ph3 programs) in direct HTA/Payer Scientific Advice processes;
- Responsible for providing a Framework for RoW describing the Global + Must-Win Markets (including UK) deliverables and "do's and don'ts";
- Responsible for Global Pricing and Reimbursement Policies;
- Responsible for submission and presentation of deliverables #2-4 to governance committees (e.g., GMACS MT, Marketing TA LT and PMT);
- Responsible to create the ACT/Brand Scorecards in the context of the yearly GMACS target setting process and ensures delivery against agreed objectives and adherence to the KPI reporting procedure.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree; five or more years of experience in Market Access-related activities and/or commercial/R&D project leadership positions, preferably with a multinational company;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Expertise across the functional pillars of Market Access and a track record of successful Market Access submissions and negotiations on global and/or country level;
- Track record for integrative and critical strategic thinking and complex problem solving; experience in working with Clinical, Regulatory, Medical, and Marketing functions, identifying issues, assessing trade-offs, preparing recommendations and effectively securing key decisions within short timeframes;
- Strong Leadership skills in a matrix structure - both horizontal (ability to collaborate effectively within a cross-functional team) and vertical (ability to successfully build, develop, manage and motivate staff); motivational, respected yet strong team player with ability to find and accept compromises while not losing sight of ambitious goals;
- Ability to build internal and external networks in order to quickly foster and build alliances and working partnerships on a global/country level.
- Advanced academic degree (M.B.A. or Ph.D. in economics or health care field, MD, or D. Pharm).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States