Scientist I/II, Functional Immunology
AbbVie Immunology is expanding its early discovery at Cambridge, Massachusetts. This new immunology research group at AbbVie Cambridge Research Center (ACRC) will focus on identifying new targets for the treatment of autoimmune and chronic inflammation diseases through computational analysis of human disease tissue derived datasets, and validating targets using in vitro and in vivo experimental approaches. We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated individual to partner with Functional Genomics and bioinformatics expertise and in vivo pharmacologists to develop novel platforms for target selection and validation. This position requires passion, attention to details, hands-on experience and teamwork spirits.
- Tissue handling and processing for molecular and cellular phenotyping
- Conduct multicolor flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Generate knockout, knockdown or mutagenesis using approaches such as siRNA, shRNA and CRISPR for testing target validation hypotheses
- Design, develop, evaluate and implement well-controlled in vitro assays to address target biology and drug biology
- Planning and coordination of experiments with team members and facility operations
- Analysis and presentation of data, providing scientific interpretations and recommendations in lab meetings and project team meetings
- Maintaining accurate and well-organized records and laboratory notebook
- Supporting development of protocols, study reports and data presentations
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- BS/MS degree in Biological Sciences or in a related discipline with 5-7+ years (BS) or 2-5+ years (MS) of hands-on experience of working in a laboratory
- Proficient in laboratory skills such as tissue handling, molecular biology, cell culture, cell based assays, FACS, ELISA, qPCR, Western Blotting, etc.
- Knowledge in gene and protein cellular and tissue expression validations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be a quick-learner and be a team-player.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable high performance
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled